turboSHO kills transmission #5

I was getting on I-90 at william heading home and the PCM decided that first gear was a great idea at 35mph and from that moment forward the transmission made a loud ratcheting sound that you could hear echo off the concrete center barrier. I decided that I will maintain steady throttle to reduce the chance of anything shifting and exploding all over the highway. So I approach the ramp to get off at 290 and delaware ave and I ride the brake and gas down to 50mph and take the ramp at speed. Again I did not want to lift off the throttle or let the transmission shift. I thought I was good but the light turned yellow and I let off the gas. Things got very quiet as I came to a stop. I ever so gently gave it gas to take off and it began to move with no noise. YES I thought to my self I might actually make it that last 1/4 mile to my house. Well the transmission goes to grab second gear and BOOM!!! chrunch chrunch chrunch grind pop. I look back and see no parts and I am still moving so I give it more gas. I can feel the transmission ripping itself apart, and it mush have half of it gear teeth because it would neutral then jerk really hard every couple feet. I don’t know how but the car kept driving all the way home like that. I can’t even describe that noise at 45mph and the looks people gave me on the street were priceless.

and to the asshole who felt it necessary to drive a foot away from my car. I wish my diff would have found its way through your radiator. There is no need to drive that close. I sure as hell wouldn’t follow a car that close that was making that kind of noise.

and yes I will be putting another transmission in it.

Out with the old in with the… Old

You’re insane to do what you’ve continued to do with this car…how much money have you invested in all these transmissions?

you need to move on to something else alex… i dont think this is working out to well

Don’t let these haters bring you down!

So, seeing as it still moves. Can we do a massively lame burnout now?

+1.

I would have moved on after transmission #2.

I see that transmission didnt last too long. Time to boost the white SHO

lol or 3 or 4

=( why cant you just get a tranny that can handle the power?

swap your shit into somethinr RWD and throw a mustang trans up to it using a bellhousing from quad4rods.com

has any of these trannies been built to make them bullet proof???

yeah the first one was lol.

There is a reason these car weren’t that fast of the assembly line to begin with. Part the motor and get some money back.

Isn’t there a couple of fast manual SHOs around? Why not put a manual in it?

I think this is why he posted the thread the other day about focus/contour/cougar manual trasmissions…I let him in on the fact that a good clutch and LSD they handle 500ft.lbs. and 600hp all day long wihtout breaking. the axles are the weakpoint.

why not fix it and get rid of it and try a different car instead of wasting your money. 5 transmissions? really. i would assume something would be wrong after the second one and would find a way not to do the same thing over and over. i mean it is a ford sooo…

who owns a white one with Dark wheels that I saw pulled over on the exit ramp to Walden today?

LOL, thats his newest SHO purchase…he has had like 5 of them

Didn’t look very happy in the driver’s seat with the trooper behind him. :burnout: