Thoughts on Dodge RAM pickups?

[quote=“Devioustsi,post:22,topic:39335"”]

Dodge FTL… I wouldn’t touch anything from them except the srt 4 but that would be with a 10ft pole. My dad’s steamfitter company used a few for work trucks… 95 98 99 01 03. The got rid of all of them but 1 because they costed more to keep than any other of their 30+ fleet put together. The 1 95 they still have has gone through 1 engine, balljoints gallour, transmissions, 2 heater cores, 3 driveshafts, 1 rear axle and is back in the shop for another tranny. This truck doesn’t even have 100k yet. My dad’s normal 01 2500 chevy has 200k on it and just got its first brake job this spring, oil changes and tuneups are the only thing’s its needed.

I would go chevy then ford.

[/quote]

interesting… i dont doubt that they had problems but a company down the road from where i worked in PA had a crapload of dodge workvans. 318’s-360’s mostly autos. they ran conklin lubricants in all of them and bypass filtration and all they ever replaced were belts and hoses. most of the vans had 300k+ with many over 500k. one of their employees got fired for speeding all the time and his van had 475k on it and got the crap beat out of it daily.

Brian