Thunderstorm OH NOES!

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/14141?phenomena=SV&significance=W&areaid=NYC029&office=KBUF&etn=0001

If you’re in the southtowns, look out. I just spent an hour trying to get all my equipment inside

Yeah, the marine warning was talking about penny to quarter sized hail. That cell was going to be well south of me though.

I wonder if there will be any tornado activity. That radar looks pretty rough…

Light rain with slight wind in West Seneca but it’s been like this all day. 30 minutes remaining for the warning, we’ll see if anything happens.

We had heavy rain (Springville) for a couple minutes and I heard some distant thunder but other than that…

Did anyone see elmwood on saturday? It seemed like a tornado was about to touch down…

Tornado Punks.

Southtowns…natural selection :bigtup:

Bump

Slightly smaller than dime sized hail just came down in Amherst, Millersport/N.Forest area. Lasted about 30 seconds and 5 minutes later it’s not even raining anymore.

^^^ word.
crazy shit. I ran out to move the car inside the garage and then it stopped. lol

I knew it was coming because weatherbug started chirping about 15 minutes before hand. You could see the storm coming straight at us on radar but it’s not like I have anywhere to hide my car at work. I don’t think the hail was large enough or solid enough to cause damage though.

EDIT:
The best part was watching those shit blasting geese run around outside my window looking for cover. They had no idea what to do. Eventually they all just tucked their heads under a wing and stood there in the open getting pelted. :lol:

Just watched some quarter, but mostly nickle/dime sized hail fall right by the airport at work. Lasted maybe 1-2 minutes almost had the whole ground covered in hail.

looked bigger than that over here on werhle and lasted a good 3-5 mins.

I think we were right on the northern edge. My wife who works over on Northpointe (Sweethome/n.French area) didn’t get any hail. A coworker driving in from Lockport who got caught in this coming up millersport didn’t see any hail either. Looking at the radar it looks like the main cell went just a little south of me.

I should have bet someone. As soon as i seen big hail I knew you’d be the first to post about it.

This. Woke me up, I thought my house was getting bombed. Can’t mother nature respect that I’m working remotely today and trying to get some sleep?

NYSpeed resident weather nerd checking in. :slight_smile: