Tokyo 2009: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Coming to North America Next Year

I agree.

But I foresee it being sold as a 4-seater. Even though the rear seats will be near useless, I suspect it will be easier for Honda to market as a 4-passenger vehicle… I hope I’m wrong though…

Still an awesome car though, I want to know the MSRP…

FINISH YOUR CRX AND STOP BUYING STUFF

Sincerely,
All of shift.

But on another note 2800lbs??? thats alot for that little thing.

i dont like it outside as much, but the inside in the front looks awesome

again 4 seats in japan, 2 seats in the US.

You don’t know that for sure. For all we know, it could just be for insurance purposes like on a Porsche 911 and such.

if it was for insurance purposes, the mk1, mk2 crx would have had rear seats as with the g1 insight…

Oh, I’m so sorry.
:bowdown Honda God.

Anyone know a ball park MSRP on one of these?

i can’t wait to drive one.

I can.

Honda Executive Vice President Koichi Kondo has confirmed that the Honda CR-Z hybrid will go on sale early next year and that the new hybrid will cost more than $20,000. Sometime thereafter, according to Kondo, the Honda Fit hybrid will follow.

That’s all I’ve got.

It is a hybrid however, so don’t expect it to be on the cheaper side.

Yea I figured about $24k or so. The GF wants one, so of course I am talking her into it more.

Key factor with this vehicle is whether it can carry on with the fun to drive factor which made the original Si the icon.

It’s almost got the right formula, a little heavy, a little costly but overall small and nimble.

It just feels like they are trying to smash together the HF model of the original with the Si by putting a hybrid platform into it.

I think it would be a best seller if they named the hybrid the Hf and made an Si model with K20 :wow

Now THAT would be well worth the +20K range…

Tree huggers.

On price by the way, I’ve seen 220 man (2.2 Million Yen to 2.3 Million Yen) on some Japanese websites. At the current exchange rate, that’s like 23-25K depending on strength of the USD/YEN rate.

Pray for the dollar to get stronger…

I work at a honda dealer and they hope to have the price between right around 25k but no officail word. I will drop the list price when it comes out for shift which should be in feb

That soon?

This will be a car I’ll have to test drive.