**** TOOL NEEDED TO BORROW. VW Cam Chain Tensioner tool

I adjusting the cam timing on a 1.8T head is a pain without the tool. Does anyone have a cam chain tensioner tool avail to borrow? Ill throw some beers or what ever your way for the assitance.

thanks
Mike

Mine’s MIA along with about10K worth of other misc specialty tools and documentation that mysteriously grew legs down at the machine shop :wierd

Ask bret, I’m sure he’s got one kicking around.

damn dude, sorry i can’t help ya out.

1.8T FTL

na, not really, on 15 psi i woulda pushed your doors in. the reason most of them suck is because ppl who have no idea what they are doing put there hands in em and rat em up

it was a joke pete… relax

+1 Sorry to thread jack!

I am not totally sure, but I don’t think brett has one.

Bret doesnt have one, he was the first person I texted. I just dont want to have to take the cams back out and time them on the bench and then slowly torque them into the head to seat them in the bearing surfaces. hackjob’s ftl.

yeah brett no got. i suggested adam, i didnt realize your tools could walk. thats sucks big time!

i do have the poly drive bit for the head bolts if you need one.

http://www.asttool.com/detail_page.php?tool_number=3366

yeah awhile back someone made off with one of my small tool chest of tools from the machine shop. porsche specialty stuff and some vr/1.8/2.7t timing tools too. i didn’t have insurance on the stuff at the time :banghead

Baum and Sir tools make cheap(cost) tools KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

wow, thats unreal man bunch of scumbags.

thanks dude… I ended up buying one for $30 shipped from a place in NJ… I need it to do the cams in my head too so its worth it I guess.

Mk4 I bought a set of deep 1/2" 12pts and the one for the ARP bolts last year when i did my head… thanks for the offer though. Get at me when you want me to blast theose calipers and what not. I will be blasting stuff this week for hawtwheels truck so ill throw them in the mix for ya.

You can always call Inline and ask me if I have a tool you need, I dont want to be the local tool box but I would be glad to help out in a pinch to aid in getting someones car running fo them.
-Dave @ Inline Performance

Thanks buddy! Next time I will see if you could help.

FYI. if anyone needs one of these at some point I have one now. Same thing goes out like Dave… if you need to borrow it, just PM me.