Trying to Sell: S10 wheels 17x8in Boyd Coddington Smoothie II

I am trying to sell the 17x8in Boyd Coddington Smoothie II wheels i have. These are fully polished, using Mothers Power Metal and a Powerball. They are 2 years old, with a set of 245/45/ZR17 Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 tires. I would rate the finish at a 9.8 out of 10. The centercaps i would rate at a 7 though, they are the old style billet and white label that say “Genuine Boyd Coddington Wheels”. The truck and wheels has been garaged since i got the wheels and rarely has seen rain, probably only 5 or 6 times. The tires have about 5/32 - 6/32 of tread left on them. Everyone who knows me, knows i take real good care of anything i own and always has to be as clean as possible.
here is what the wheel goes for new
some pics of the wheels on the truck.
http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/bagged/IMG_0003.sized.jpg
http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/bagged/IMG_0006.sized.jpg
http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/8-20-06-pics/IMG_0017.sized.jpg
Brand new these wheels go for close to $300 each and at the time i paid $120 per tire for around $1650 or so.
I am asking $1100, since they are Billet and were expensive to begin with. I would rather have them picked up by the buyer so that nothing takes the chance of damage in shipping, but the buyer is responsable for any shipping charges.

I love the wheels, but i want bigger ones and cant afford to have both.

Email and AIM is [email=“ZONEx12x@aol.com”]ZONEx12x@aol.com

lok nice on that truck

That fucking sucks … i just bought wheels for my blazer

thats why what i plan on buying look similar, but bigger!
20in Foose Nitrous

and dropping $2400 at once will be a lot. I want to keep the BC wheels, but cant afford to

What are the wheel specs? specifically, bolt pattern and offset?

17X8 5-120.65
4.5in backspacing

:tup:
nice wheels, and damn that shits clean

to polish each wheel right, it takes about 45 min. And that is using the powerball. these things can be a PITA

Ah - bolt pattern might fit, but I’d need closer to 6". :frowning:

OFF TOPIC…Didnt Boyd sell his wheel company to American Racing…but they are still going to use his name??

^^^yes american racing did buy boyd. however these wheels tony has are TRUE BOYD’s. damn tony wish i could buy these but dont have the cash right now. damn why did i have to want to do a v8 this winter haha. good luck with sellin em and guys these wheels are very nice. he’s always taken really good care of them and hes anal about keeping his truck clean

like Derek said, these are true Boyd Coddington wheels. At the time two years ago, they were such high demand that a company started making knock offs of Boyd’s designs and selling them due to the show American Hotrod taking off. There was a statement issued about the situation, luckily nothing in a 17in wheel was copied. Boyd sold the company a few months ago. Those will just be American Racing wheels but the Boyd Coddington Design line. Kind of like how I want to get the Foose Design wheels, but they are produced by MHT wheels, which has the rights to a lot of different wheel names such as Dub, Jesse James, Concept Neeper and Niche.

I Didnt say they where the AR ones i was just asking if Boyd did that…Seeing as they are Real Boyd’s they might be worth $$$

oh i know you were just asking, but thats the reason the price is a little higher. These are not knockoffs or the AR line.

as of right now, the wheels are spoken for. If all goes as planned, they will be sold for what i was asking. If not there is a 2nd offer i recieved.

I will update if they go back for sale.