[TV] MotoGP Round 2 - Jerez [04/03]

MotoGP:
04/03 8:00am - 9:00am - SpeedTV
From Circuito de Jerez, Jerez de la Frontera.

MotoGP 125cc:
04/05 12:00pm - 1:00pm - SpeedTV

MotoGP Moto2:
04/05 1:00pm - 2:00pm - SpeedTV

Enjoy! :clap

Qualify:

1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 1m 38.757s
  2. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 1m 38.915s
  3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 38.918s
  4. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 39.390s
  5. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 39.486s
  6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1m 39.709s
  7. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 1m 39.892s
  8. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 39.895s
  9. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 40.019s
  10. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 40.168s
  11. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 40.175s
  12. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 40.185s
  13. Hector Barbera ESP Mapfre Aspar Team 1m 40.217s
  14. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 40.310s
  15. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 1m 40.523s
  16. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 1m 40.601s
  17. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 1m 41.114s

I actually kind of excited to see hopper running this race even though he is just a fill in rider!

Me too and I feel bad about Toni Elias…

heard its going to be a wet race this am :slight_smile:

A lot of good racing and a lot of crashes…damn!

LOL…:rofl What a roller coaster race! Never screamed so loud watching races in my life…:rofl:rofl:rofl

Once Spies took over 2nd he should have not pushed so damn hard there was no way he was catching Lorenzo anyway.

He was not trying to. Data shows at that point JL was leading him by 8s+ with only 3 laps to go.

I think he is set on taking 2nd but trying to put a more comfortable gap on DP right after he passed him and lost it.

Lap Chart: http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/xx/2011/SPA/MotoGP/RAC/LapChart.pdf?v1_b6a7279a

Analysis by Lap: http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/xx/2011/SPA/MotoGP/RAC/analysisbylap.pdf?v1_f6f6d2c5

We were both wrong. Actually he slowed down too much and lost it…

Ben Spies, Yamaha Factory Racing

“I didn’t think of it as a race today, it was more a race of attrition. Once we moved into fourth behind Hayden, I knew I could get past so just waited for the right moment. Pedrosa was only a few seconds ahead of me and I thought for sure we could get on the podium. Lorenzo was obviously going to win but I knew we could go one two. I put it all out there and caught Pedrosa. As soon as I passed him I knew that we had second place under control, he wouldn’t be able to get back by, but I needed to not make any mistakes. Every corner after I passed him I slowed down, taking it easy then all of a sudden I was on the floor. Obviously it was my mistake, but looking at the data, I was going slower than I had all race. It was one of those things; I think the tyres were the limiting factor today. I think it was a great show for the crowd though!”

Great race!

youtu.be/PYNe6VzhNo0

Following the collision between Rossi and Stoner during the MotoGP race of the Spanish Grand Prix on 3 April in Jerez, the Race Direction has decided to organize a hearing with the Clerk of the Course and the Chief Marshal in order to review the incident and to hear the explanation of the officials in charge.

Due to the fact that the final decision of the Race Direction will not affect the result of the race, the hearing will be organized on Thursday 28 April in Estoril, Portugal.