Unreal Tournament 3

Has anyone seen this game yet? Looks like they hired the guys that did Gears of War, the artwork/modeling looks awfully similar. Is it any good?

Unreal Engine powers GOW…

o rly? didn’t know that. :ham:

all heil rubricunt, god of video game and blue ray knowledge

It use the same Unreal Engine 3, and is made by Epic Games, whom also made Gears of War & Unreal Tournament 3

And soon to be released Too Human (licensed the engine from Epic).

When I saw the commercial on TV I thought it was GOW2. It’s one thing to share an engine, it’s another to make the characters and even monsters look almost identical.

I hear it’s good. It was rated well.

I played it on and off since it came out, but i dont have much time, so i didnt get too in depth.

Its a significant gameplay improvement over OT04, and it has dam good graphics. Id say its a B+ to A-.

I havent played since UT, tried 2k4 when it came out, hated it. That was about when I stopped playing video games. I miss UT though.

ive played unreal, Unreal tournament, Unreal 2, unreal tournament 2k3 & 2k4. unreal for life.

If you like extremely fast paced shooters, its great. ive played a few lans games with a buddy of mine with it. The AI bots are freakin hard. Theres a lot of good levels, and modes though. Graphics are also excellent. It was my first UT game ive played, so it was a totally new experience all around. I cant compare it to the old installments tho, as I havent played them.

I actually really liked UT2K4 and wanted to give 3 a shot, but can’t justify 50.00 for an online only game. It’s nice playing games with a storyline, that has built in multiplayer

The UT games are fun until you play at the level where your competitors run a specifically timed path. It’s annoying when they have the item/powerup respawns timed to the second.

It takes the fun out of the game, although I guess most competitive high end computer gaming is like that.

Me too, I may pick it up as I’ve now finished Crysis. Although, I started playing Crysis multiplayer and it’s a hell of alot of fun.

repots

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38620&highlight=unreal+tournament