USDM market S13 VS. JDM market value

What are your opinions

With the mass amount of these JDM S13’s flooding the country, do they influence the market value for a USDM S13? My personal opinion is, the more JDM cars there are the more money a NICE condiiton USDM S13 is worth, to me the only upside to buying a JDM car is to get a car you do not have access to on canadian soil such as laurel, skyline etc.

what u guys think?

I sure hope you’re right, because those same market forces that are affecting the S13s are also affecting the Z32s.

In theory what you’re saying makes sense, in practice unfortunately its not quite working out like that. It may take a while for this JDM import craze to reach equilibrium and eventually things might right themselves.

It depends. I have seen a select few JDM cars that are in good shape. Alot that are comming over seem to be write offs, or have more rust than a car from Ontario. Don’t get me wrong there are a few nice ones.

I still would rather buy a LHD than a RHD as i know what exactly the car has gone through and what the previous owner was like. I hope that the LHD is worth more. But it seems that all people want these days is a cheap fast car, and they call it a sleeper. With 240’s it was not that big of a price defference but i really feel for the 300 guys as JDM’s are areound half to a third of what their cars use to be worth.

When i was trying to sell my car, i got questions like how did you convert it to LHD (thought it was a JDM) and why buy yours when a JDM is cheaper.

ohhh god I know. I could write an essay right now but im going to keep everything to myself!

as will I

this has been talked about many times and there has been regarding Z32 300zx previously on NECC …search it up