want to borrow your slicks

i’m unsure how big of a slick will fit on my car and i pretty much only have 3 options for rim size for my SHO. 15X6.5 (from a thunderbird) 16X7 (from a lincoln continental) or 17X8 (aftermarket). I have 2 sets of 17X8’s and the factory rim is a 16X6 (my stock sho rims) or 15X6 (on my parts car) but I don’t know how wide of a slick will fit without rubbing my strut. if anyone has slicks that they are willing to let me mount up it would be a bit help.

the stock diameter is 26.1 i’m not sure if a 28" would fit. anyone willing to help? i just hate to spend over $300 for a set of tires i can’t even use.

aftermarket rims, then go from there…i cant imagine thunderbird rims or continental birds weighing less than…what…20lbs a piece? but i dont know that

edit: nevermind…i see now youre just curious about width, not going to use them

r u doing this for drag or auto x?? because i dunno y u would wanna use a 17 inch rim and loose all of ur side wall. id say stick with a 15 there are a ton of rims and tires out there for 15s

i might have a set i could let go cheap for you

there are a ton of rims

you know i drive a taurus right?

the 15 x 6.5 would be perfect. If you were closer you could borrow mine, since they are currently not mounted.

are they really that weird of a bolt pattern i dont know too much about them… what is the bolt pattern

taurus
tbird
continental
windstar
Volvo
lambo

thats the majority of the list that uses the 5x108 bolt pattern

If volvo wheels fit look for the lightweight 15s that were on that early 80s “performance” volvo. Im sure they can be had for cheap, if they are the right size I can probably hook you up with a set.

Mark N was running some Hoosirr quick time pros on aftermarket 16x7" wheels when he was running 12’s. Not sure the size of the tires. I wanna say 26.5 but don’t quote me on that. Check your Jegs and Summitt catalogs, they usually list those.

Unless you put your stock front brakes on, your not fitting a 15" wheel over your 11.6 brakes regardless of what calipers you use.

360 Modena fronts will fit on a Taurus as well HRK. :stuck_out_tongue:

if i ahve to i’ll throw stock calapers on it. should only take a few min anyway.

I jsut need to test fit them to make sur i don’t buy anything too big but i would be interested in used. what size?

the rim width i posted is what fits on the car, if i could get wider i would haha does anyone want to cut up a pair of steelies and widen them for me.

Mark N was running some Hoosirr quick time pros on aftermarket 16x7" wheels when he was running 12’s. Not sure the size of the tires. I wanna say 26.5 but don’t quote me on that. Check your Jegs and Summitt catalogs, they usually list those.
yeah iver herd that a couple of times, devin told me he did it on backet weves though on a 8- 9" slick (on a 6" rim)

I run 23x7.5x15 M&H slicks on a 6" wide rim. My car is geared low but I am sure I can make it into the mid 11s before I need a bigger slick. A 6.5 rim would be ideal for theses slicks.

that size might actually work out great for my car I might be able to use most of 3rd gear. where are you located? ROC? I just happen to have a set of 15X6" rims sitting in storage. willing let me make some passes on them and I can pay you for use?