want to race???

9.90 record for what? i’ve seen a 6spd TT viper do 8.xx

hahahahah, truth

that is mean looking… i actually got offered a 00 gts viper and 25k for my car!!

sledgehammer would smash that.

true

http://img228.exs.cx/img228/5362/hammertime0dq.th.jpg long live the HAMMER

i always wanted one of those but always forget about it.

it woulda been bye bye supra for me on that one

25k into a viper would be insane

The twin Turbo Viper from Heffner went 8.xx and it is a 6 speed.

Edit: So unless you saw Heffner’s sponsored car run, you did not see a 6 speed run that time unless you saw it after he got the record which was December 12th last year as you see the posted I posted below this

Jason Heffner said they won the viper shootout in Florida today . Jason said they drove to the track changed the tires and blasted a 8.78 with the speaker box and everything still in the car,backed it up with a 8.77 and changed the tires and drove it back to the hotel. He had everything covered by a half of a second and 12 mile an hour for the record.

That was cut and pasted from another forum I am on. I think it ended up going 8.75 but I am unsure.

You may be right on top end…254 mph would be hard to match. But in the 1/4 the sledge hammer would get OWNED. Here are some stats on the sledgehammer.

Price: $400,000
Miles Per Gallon: 10/19 mpg
Curb Weight: 3671 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Engine
Type: Twin-Turbo V8
Displacement: 5733 cc
Horsepower: 880 bhp @ 6250 rpm
Torque: 772 lb-ft @ — rpm
Redline: ---- rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 3.9 sec
0-100 mph: 9.4 sec
Quarter Mile: 10.6 sec @ 127 mph
Skidpad: .98g
Top Speed: 254 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 122 ft
Slalom Speed: 65.6 mph

With these stats I would w/o any hesitation pull up to the sledgehammer on run it from a dig. That Viper would be at over 160 before that Vette saw 130(That would be bus lengths). Don’t get me wrong I still think the Sledgehammer is the one of the most badass machines ever built. I also realize when you design a car to go 254 mph then the 1/4 mile time will suffer.

Like i said dyno queen, 880hp and a 10.6 :kekegay:

if that one is the “heffner package” then it went 9.07 @ 166. On their web site the claim it is the fastest mph and ET for a 6 speed viper.

Keep in mind it went 254 so the gearing/suspension is not set up for drag racing. I wouldn’t say anything that can go 254 is a dyno queen.

Just to clarify this up. The Yellow Viper that Jason Heffner built went the 9.07@166 the last week of November 2004. The same vehicle went to the Viper Shootout and ran 8.77 and breaking it’s own record. No other 6 speed Viper has went within a half of a second of its ET or within 12 mph of the mph it ran. With an automatic transmission there are claims that it could go 7.90-8.20’s. I guess Jason has not updated his website lately. There is a video of the 8.77 pass but when I tried bringing it up, it has since been removed from where it was. I will see if I can get Jason to E-mail it to me so I can get it posted on here for you guys to see.

THIS IS THE RECORD HOLDING CAR!!! Also, this car is supposedly able to drive on the street since he DID drive it to the track and VERY STREETABLE vehicle.

http://home.comcast.net/~two1bar/1851948chad_1_.jpg

cobra has a more stout bottom end, can hold more power… so guess I was right again… must suck being a know it all like you, and being wrong.

But I’m also stating my opinion too… I think Vipers are overpriced for what you get.

:bsflag:

hmmm i heard that before , i wonder where :kekegay:

it was the other way around in my situation heh