water pump

just got home and found coolant spewing out of my car, put it on ramps and turned on, yep just pouring out like a water tap. i hope that is all it is, not sure gonna take to my mechanic tuesday

Heh… that means the other issue your due for is climate controls failing… well the fan switch pack at least…

Some reason, the first gen’s water pump is not up to snuff… well if it nots maintained…

yea only high “4” switch works on my fan, how do u maintain a water pump though? but thats the least of my worries by the look of things

how much do you think it would cost?

uhhh i think it was about 600 (parts + labour)

and you maintain by flush the little system every 50000km (i know it says long life, but better safe than sorry)

if u let the car sit for a couple of weeks without any driving at all, will that do anything to trigger a pump failure? it usually gets driven like 100 kms a day

Shouldnt…

got pump fixed only 305 with taxes

heh, it’s been a while since i looked…

…They saw u coming. A OEM pump from nissan is $60. $245 for labour is steep just for a water pmp.

wow i screwed, they charged me $110.38 for the pump and $178.11 for labor, how u know oem fomr nissan is 60? you call?

now i remeber why i shop around… meh, live and learn…