Weather Bug

firefox accuweather ftw

Weatherbug not only ads spyware, but it Sucks Ram. it has a nasty ram leak and after 4 days my gig of ram was absorbed. Most other weather programs run fine. accuweather is so far the best for me.

i have no clue what weatherbug you guys have been using but i have had it on my computer for like 3years and never had any problems with it at all.

the one that came with AIM

probably why. I downloaded mine off of channel 4’s website and never had any kind of problem with it.

lol,none of that shit is needed.Its gonna be either warm/cold out with the possibility of rain or snow.

lol, I bought a weather bug service and have the code, I was just wondering if i can post it.

Thank you for your subscription to WeatherBug Mobile Alerts and WeatherBug
Plus!
Here is your activation code:
657XR7766-F8721-7777W-V9D63

WeatherBug Plus Activation Instructions

Step 1: Download WeatherBug Version 6.0
To begin activating your WeatherBug Plus, you must first have the free
WeatherBug 6.0 on your computer. If you already have WeatherBug 6.0,
proceed to Step 2. If you DO NOT have WeatherBug 6.0 on your computer
please click the following link to download the latest version and proceed
to Step 2.
http://ww2.weatherbug.com/download60.asp?zcode=ZWB60

Step 2: Activate Your WeatherBug Plus
Activate WeatherBug Plus by entering your Personal Activation Code.
Once you have fully downloaded WeatherBug 6.0, make sure it is running by
clicking on “WeatherBug” in the Start Menu or by clicking on the
temperature icon in your system tray.

1. Click on the “Subscribe” button located in the top left corner of your
    WeatherBug.

2. Input your code in the section labeled “ACTIVATE WeatherBug Plus.”
    NOTE: Enter your code exactly as shown, with capital letters, dashes, and
    no extra spaces.

3. Click on the “Activate” button.

From what I’ve from read, you aren’t too bright

and this just prove you’re a moron, enjoy random popups

try reading a little bit more :bloated:

Who is the directed to?

I call BS, I’ve seen weatherbug on many machines and be the cause of spyware, I work on computers for a living and have been around computers since practically I was a baby, so I think I know what I’m talking about, as you said you had a weatherbug program downloaded from channel 4, so who knows what exactly that version has, what is in there, and I’m not about to download it to find out.

and, yes, that was directed at you

LOL Say that to his face…

ya its all BS i just completely made it up because for every person who buys weather bug i get $5 so i want as many people to buy it as possable :bloated:

I’ve had it on my computer since i bought it when i started college, i have ran a few different spyware programs many times and they never pick up anything to do with weatherbug, in the user agreement it flat out says they dont use spyware. I never get popups. If you dont believe it tough shit.

And for someone who flat out says they dont know what is part of weatherbug im using you sure make yourself look like a moron by insulting someone else for having it on their computer.

Actually some spyware cannot be picked up by the detection programs, some of them are well hidden, I’ve seen weatherbug picked up as spyware

And by, “what is part of weatherbug im using”, I mean there might be a different flavor of it available on the site customized for channel 4, think of it like the same madden games being put on xbox, ps and gamecube

and:
why it is:
http://www.pchell.com/support/weatherbug.shtml

why it isnt:
http://ww3.weatherbug.com/aws/notSpyware.asp

BUMP: USED IT TODAY, STILL WORKS

[/color]

Weather bug has been clean for a little while now but it used to be loaded with crap. When i worked for adelphia they threatened to sue us cause people were telling customers to get rid of it cause its spyware. They guy said to me " we don’t do that anymore" so i was like “you used to knowingly???” Then after about 15 seconds of silence “its a perfectly good program” I lol’d

I installed the new version just to see. It’s on my dev box, that has a good backup, so what the hell right.

Custom install, skipped the IE banner part, ran Adaware, no issues.
Checked add/remove, none of the old spyware got installed.
Used the activation key, worked fine.

When minimized to tray:
Weather.exe listed in tasks, 0 CPU, 744K Mem Usage.

When maximized:
Weather.exe listen tasks, Slight CPU spike, the back to 0, 14 MB Mem Usage, then down to 8MB

When minimized again stayed at 8MB for about a minute, then dropped to 744k.

So far, :tup:

Ya know I honestly never had an issue with it. I’m a weather freak “Love thunder storms and all that shit” And When I wanna see when and where all the action is, I like a dependable weather service “Like NOAA, Accuweather, ETC.” Accuweather has a Fantastic weather download to use, But it’s like $15 a month just for basic service and it also includes Adware. Pay more ya get a lil more and Its not loaded with Ad’s. But Weather bug is awsome because i can monitor my area and 5 others “Like where my friends in Florida are” The Radar is CRAP! But it’s has the most realtime weather data that I know of.

I was surprized to see that the code still worked when i bought this almost a year ago. I wanted to add this to my Cell phone again and wondered since I bought it before, If it still good, Well guess it is!!!

Anyways, Hope you guys use the code and get something outta it. Its nice to have AD Free weather!

I’ve never had a problem with my bookmark to weather.com

Still good with my free accuweather extension on Firefox…