Well you guess it...ANOTHER one!

What are nelson days?

Nelson’s Ledges race track over in OH. It’s about 90 minutes from Pittsburgh. I ran there back in May. It’s a fun track… 2 miles long a bit more technical than BR. They had three straight open days this past weekend (F-Su) and rumor has it they will have another three day weekend later this month. BR also has last minute open days as we get closer to winter. It’s usually around $50 for three 30 minute sessions. They announce such dates via email so be sure to be on their email list.

Whoo HOO thanks Eric! :beer:

hmmm another race track??? DOPE…i’m done racing.

I FINALLY ordered Rotora Big Brake Kit w/ Stainless Lines

Called Toyota setup an oil change, brake fluid change, power steering fluid change, coolant change, tire rotation

I am ordering 2 more nitto tires once im out in arizona…UGH

But it was so worth it!!! I passed an Acura TL and a 350Z!!

/yourself

TL > 350Z > TSX > Sloshelby>…> Scion.

Sounds like everyone had a good time, aside from the usual brake failures beaver occationally causes hehe. Yea when your out there at a lapping day, keep in mind its not a race, there is no trophey, no one is paying you to drive. As Josh said getting the ‘red mist’ sucks, if you go out there go out to have fun, not try to dive bomb every car you see in front of you.

For those wondering about Nelsons Ledges, its the highest average speed track on the east cost as far as I know. More high speed sweeping turns on a FAR flatter surface compared to beaver. Just watch the turn called Oak Tree…not that i’ve wrecked a car there or anything :owned:

Blackattack TC - umm are you sure you need bigger brakes? Around beaver most people just do a fluid change, get a real set of brake pads (Hawks for example), and maybe some getto brake ducts curitousy of home depot. Seriously thats like all it really takes to slow down there. Also alot of the heat buildup in brakes can also come from how you brake. Some people do it the right way and threshold brake (aka giving most all your braking force from when you start braking to when you let off the petal). Thershold braking allows shorter stopping distance and usually causes less heat buildup if done right. But alot of people backwards brake (aka start braking slowly and press harder and harder, causing excess stopping distance and heat buildup). Most people do one or the other without noticing, usually because we tend to carry some street habits over to the track. Just some food for thought thats all.

BlkP4…yadda yadda, i had fun…dont care what you say :slight_smile:

Habib - I ordered bigger brakes b/c I have a set of 18" Axis Crux Rims that I am putting on once I am out in Arizona, on top of that I ordered a Stage 1 Turbo today, so I will need some more “stomping power” haha. As for living in Beaver, next time my car will be back in this area wont be till this time next year, but thanks a lot for you input and advice!

well, this isn’t the last flat out sunday, there is one on the 30th this weekend. i’d have posted this earlier but evidently pittspeed is blocked out by my college…

it was a good time on the 3rd, nobody got injured and there weren’t any serious off track excursions!!