what are tranies worth here?

Ive never herd of what a RB25 tranie goes for. Nobody sells them here. Have any of you guys herd of them for sale and for what sort of price in Canada??

Also has anyone ever needed a SR20 transmission??? Do they even blow up? I have never seel one suck in Canada yet.

I have pretty much blown my SR tranny. However they are cheap here (picked mine up for about 20 bucks). It is basicly a KA tranny with a different bellhousing. RB25DET i have no idea about tho.

i think the rb25 tranny’s are around 1000 bucks

What about a CA tranny? Mine pops outa fourth every once in awhile.

No, I think there like $500 cough cough :lol:
Jks, ya, he’s probably right. Thats what Chris Figures they would go for…

You know you can use a DOHC KA tranny right? They go for $100 on this forum all the time.

I’ve seen them sold on mckinney motorsports website for $1,200 US plus shipping, but I’ve found them on ebay for $200 US plus shipping. I saw one for sale not too long ago for $600.

So they go for somewhere between $200 and $1,200.

what about the S15 6spds? do you have a line on any of those?

You know you can use a DOHC KA tranny right? They go for $100 on this forum all the time.

No I did not know that… Sweet, thankns man, now i wont cry if i need a transmission. :smiley:

I already knew you can change to a KA tranie but I wouldnt waist my time. Maby if I was stuck in Mexico and needed to get home but other than that I wouldnt.

Id say a grad for a RB25 tranie is a bit too cheap. Thats pretty much what they go for on yahoo these days and every month the price is going up! Id say by next year they will be 2 grand! There is prob a reasono people dont bring in the RB25 trans to sell and that is that there isnt a profit on them. People just wont pay.

I wouldnt bother paying the money for a 6 speed either. Whats wrong witht he 5 speed anyways? If you want better highway gears get a higher diff I suppose.

I was asking for thease prices to kinda get a ball park figure if I should stock some but at only a grand peoplelook to spend on them I dont think I will. I will have a couple GTR tanns and some RB20s if I can get some.

I am going to try to work on pressing the gears from a RB26 trans to the RB25. I have a couple friends who do then but it takes a whole day and so forth.

The CA tranie is pretty skinny like the KA tranie. I bet if you were to replace your CA with a KA it might hold up depending on if there is work done.

Id also say a RB20 trans can last a long time aslong as your not smashing gears and grinding. But then again with massive power I have seen gears split but that could have been from previous damage.

i have a ca18 tranny and no one even wanted it and i was asking $200 for it…

DING, how much are rb20 trannys worth there peterson?

The KA CA and SR trannies are the exact same shit…Maybe slightly differnt gear ratios but that where the differences stop.Ka trannies are skinny …What are you trying to say??? No one is gonna pay more for a SR20 tranny or CA tranny when they can just use a KA tranny that are available locally all the time for dirt cheap.

http://www.403drift.com/products.asp?ID=220