What should i do....trade civic??

I have a silver 99 civic ex with 17inch rims, mugen style lip, painted side skirts, short throw shifter, header, high flow cat, apexi catback exhaust, diamond plate floor mats, silver painted trim pieces, aem short ram air intake, painted valve cover, and smoked taillights…only 76000 miles on a stock d16…it’s slow but looks nice

I found a 93 or 94 hatch with 194000 miles on the car and only 60 something on a b16…it has a t3/t4 turbo, 450cc injectors, front mount intercooler, walboro 255 fuel pump ect…black rota 15 inch slipstreams, carbon fiber hood, and its lowered

Now…i’m a college student…i work my as much as i can while in college but i really don’t have enough money to keep puttin into my civic

So…should i trade or should i just keep puttin money into my car?

TRADE

keep what you have. wait till you are done or can afford it. i would not daily a turbo car

Jeff speaks the truth. Enjoy what you have, since this is your only daily driver, you do not want a boosted application.

never buy someone elses project

I wouldn’t trade a 99 for a car that’s 6 years older. Even if it is swapped, turbo’d, etc.

If you’re strapped for cash now…that hatch isn’t going to help your situation.

all of the above ^^^^

well thanks everyone…i guess i’ll just lower my car and maybe save up and do a swap next summer and then eventually turbo a beater hatch or somethin…it’s just that i hate having a slow civic cause people think i’m just a stupid ricer that doesn’t know anything and it pisses me off haha

Honestly you wasted a lot of money on some worthless mods, lowering you car doesn’t make you go faster by the way it just adds to the rice. Sell all the stuff above save and buy some Skunk 2 or koni coilovers, get energy bushings, you car will handle awesome after those mods.

lowerd cars adds rice??? lowerd cars cut throw the wind = faster!get a clue KID!

Do it! daily driving a boosted car is what its all about. I blew up 4 motors in 1 summer and loved every part about it…It went fast too!!!

Keep your ride stock I wouldent even recomend an intake or exaust

issues

wow trigun your very nice…i’m askin a simple question no need to get rude…and u say i wasted my money on alot of worthless things…the only thing that cost alot of money were the rims and i got a good deal on them…the rest of the stuff wasn’t expensive at all

and fmfkid where at in finleyville do you live? my g/f lives right by there in peters

and heres another question…i know a couple people who turboed their d/d civics and only ran about 10psi and their cars each had double the miles on them than mine does and they never had any major problems with them…so how come everyone on here keeps telling me to stay away from getting a boosted car or boosting mine?

it si just advice. you can drive a turbo car daily but have a back up plan if the car breaks down. I am under the impression that you need the car for school/work everyday.

I live Sorta by the sunoco,

to get a decent kit worth useing you better be prepared to dish out $2000 for a kit that is going to last any lenght of time… there is always issues with anything after market…so if you dont have time or money to fix them just wait untill you do have time and money…Murphys law remember that!

P.S. pics of G/F is now required <—thread highjacked untill shown

yeah dont fuck up your rotation with college and limited working hours and shit with a turboed car… why do you think his car is up for sale/trade?

bet any money its because its been an ever lasting headache and he is done with it and wants something he can count on like a non turbed civic! not trying to knock on this dudes car but thats the truth i will tell you that

Boynez21 I think I saw your car listed on Craiglist yesterday. If I were you I’d keep it and lower it. Maybe some 16" or 15" wheels as well. Can’t remember what you had on there but it looked like 17s

Doug is probably right, that is one of the most common reasons someone lets go of thier project. Problems.

My advice is this: Given the questions you are asking, I’d say you don’t know enough to troubleshoot a problematic car like that one, so I’d avoid it until you’ve built up some knowledge, saved some loot, and planned for possible problems. Keep the reliable DD, school is going to keep you busy enough, play afterwards.

ok…well maybe i’ll just buy a pos beater and turbo it so i can learn more about it…but my one friend used a 14b turbo, made his own manifold, got a shop to custom make his i/c piping, used injectors off the same eclipse he got his turbo from and he ordered oil lines, bov and got a chipped ecu and i forget where he got his i/c from and spent under 700 dollars on the whole thing…he ran like 10 psi for 2 years without any problems

it wasn’t the prettiest setup but it worked and it was cheap…i’m not disagreeing with you fmf but i’m just saying that i’ve heard people boosting their cars for alot cheaper than 2000 bucks