Whats a 7.9mm Mouser rifle worth??

Wondering if someone could tell me what this specific rifle is worth and if anyones interested…

It’s a 7.9mm MAuser*

Year is 1940… it’s a 3590 model 243

They just had one on Sons of Guns. I guess they were pretty common and usually had parts with mismatched serial numbers cause the US dismantled them when they were captured so they could not easily be put back into circulation if they ended up back in enemy hands. Either way it should be worth a few hundred. I’m no gun expert tho. Just relaying info from Discover Channel.

like joe posted depends on serial numbers and condition. Anywhere between a couple hundred or significantly more depending on those factors.

Ill give you $125

serial number is 30440d0… can you tell by that?

Depends on alot more things than serial numbers like headspacing and chamber condition and the condition of the bore. Can mean the difference between a $75 wall mount and a $300 shooting rifle.

ok well you guys have the info on the gun and heres a pic… it has specific markings in 3 different places that I was told is important…
If anyone wants it for $200 firm come get it

If you get yourself some headspace guages for the 7.92 mauser showing its safe to fire and the barrel and chamber aren’t worn out you can get $200. Otherwise ill give you wall mount price if you cant get rid of it.

Not really the kind of fire arm I’m interested in, I’m more into modern weapons

That wasn’t exactly what I meant sorry for the short post. A lot of old rifles like that have been mixed and matched. I’ve never handled a 7.9 mauser personally, but most rifles of the era have the same # stamped on multiple parts. If those numbers match it’s worth more and like Adam posted there are other factory that attribute to value.

I have an 8mm mauser(shoots the 7.9x57 round). What you have there is not all original. Looks to be a model 98, but restocked with a modern walnut/ash type hunting stock on it. A few companies sell them, like Brownells. The rear sight is also modified, having been fitted with a modern aperture sight.

Likely someone had it converted over for hunting purposes, and the bolt/action seems to be maintained from the pics you posted. $200 is a fair price for what you have there. I’d pay $200 for it if the headspacing checked out :slight_smile: It’s cleaner(up top) than mine, but mine is also original all around and has been through a war or two.

It’ll sell for that price, hold firm on that.

If it where original I’d be in. As is I’m out. Glws