Where to fins a leak down tester to borrow/rent?

I’ve checked the local auto stores and they can be purchased for about $75…but this is a one time thing and I was hoping they’d loan them out, but they don’t. Anyone know of a place or have one they’re willing to loan out? I can pay a few bucks if necessary…

Thanks

Compression(sp?) tester ???

No sir…leak down tester…to test conditon of the valves specifically. For the past year or so my SHO has had some kind of a miss in it and I haven’t been able to track it down. Before I dig any deeper I’d like to rule out a dropped valve, bad rings, or whatever.

Mike i have a snap on compr tester that i can pulll the schrader valve out and can have air blown thru. i used to use for doing valve springs/seals etc… on the car you are welcome to use it it does not have gage to do exact leakage

Good luck. If autozone doesn’t have one for rent you are SOL. Find someone you know to hook you up, or take it somewhere (assuming you can still drive the car). Or just bite the bullet and buy one. It’s a useful tool, and if you plan on modifying your enigine heavily, or maybe building an engine it’s a good tool to have.

I’ve never heard of one using the shrader valve??? How does this work??? The ones I have used simply thread right into the spark plug hole and at TDC you fill the cylinder with compressed air. If you hear a leak from either the intake manifold, oil fill tube, or tailpipe…well then you have problems. Some more advanced ones have the gage, although not necessary.

the compression gage has a schrader valve in the hose to prevent the air from escaping hang on i’ll grab it and look i think its what your looking for

If I were to pay a shop to rape me on this I’d be better off dropping the $75 and getting my own…I know it would be a useful tool, but especially at this time of year I’d like to avoid spending more money than necessary.

Oh, I get it…I thought you meant shrader valve on the fuel rail!!! Guess not…yours may work out then.

mike whats your email i’ll send you a pic i think this is what your looking for— its a compress tester that i made an adapter for so i could press a cylinder and pull valve springs etc with the head on the engine