who are you listening to right now?

the rain falling

the new New Found Glory CD. Dont know what the name of the song is but its track 4.

loudmouth exhaust w/ gutted cats and flp headers tearing down my street :slight_smile:

are you a 15 year old female? if not burn that CD…I went to a show at laga when no one knew them. they played with punchline, lefty, and good charlote. that was a good show cause they were no bodies. cyrus’s little bro is in a band called all that’s left. they played the VFW a month or so ago. they sound like NFG and act like a bunch of rich kids. boy were they pissed they were touring and didn’t get to headline the show. everyone kind of stood there and watched them then wings of azrael went on and the place went nuts.

I guess my point is that they sing pop/emo that is basically mainstream now. go find a old CD of theirs, either the one with the original hit or miss or the really impossible one to find when they were still on fiddler records. sorry for my rant, but the last time I saw them at rock jungle they played with finch and I think I was the only person in the place that sang along to finch then they come on and all the 14 yo girls stand up on chairs acting like they are hardcore punk/emo fans.

Where the fuck do these little bitch-ass poseur bands get off calling themselves emo???

None of these new “emo” bands are worthy of sharing any commonality with The Smiths or The Cure. New Found Glory only elicits one emotion in me: Homicidal rage.

hit or miss and there newest 2 cd’s (including the one that just came out) sound the fucking same. go listen to that azreal shit. they are so much better :hahano:

I was listening to my little bro’s Thrice CD earlier… it was ok, but it was like emo with screaming and lots of drums… meh.

Also listening to Sick of It All and the new DKM CD.

d12 world

haha shows what you know…next time you want to try to own someone on emo/punk shit stay away from me. yes the 2 newest CD’s do sound the same. the original hit or miss was a different version. the CD not in print anymore is a solid blue color and was released on fiddler records. it was an EP with 4 songs. the next CD was a solid brown color released on their current label and also contained the original version of hit or miss. the next CD then contained the updated version of hit or miss that sounds the same as their new shit. would you like schooled more? do you want me to get into tempo changes that you would have no clue about? do you know what 4-4 is? 7-8? 2-3? do you know how to change between them in the song and make it sound right? shall I keep going?

blayner- the get up kids did a good cure cover a few years back…the cure is bad ass. I don’t like mainstream emo bands(even though I like some of their old stuff before they went and sold out).

dude you don’t think sick of it all uses double bass?

i’ll see if i can find that get up kids song… i love the cure… especially Mixed Up… good “driving at night” music.

it’s called close to me…that is the cure right…I am pretty sure it is

indeed

very well done cover…one of my favorite songs they have played live.

huh?

downloading it now…

i can’t really get into the vocals… it’s a little too punk sounding for me… but the instrmentals are good, and i’ve heard much worse covers of Cure songs.

double bass is a hardcore/punk pedal set up…there are 2(double)bass pedals. one in it’s normal position right infront of the bass and the other on the left by the pedal for the symbol. there are 2 bass sticks, on connected to each pedal. that’s how hardcore bands get the very fast bass beats.

I hear you it is more rough vocals than the cure but he is one of the best live singers I have ever heard. he sounds the same live as he does in the recordings and that is a quality that is hard to find

tell me about it… i can’t tell you how many concerts i’ve been to where the lead singer sounded like someone doing karaoke.

rage against the machine… KILL YOUR ENEMY!!! IT DOESN T LEAVE THE CD PLAYER… AND PROBALLY WON T FOR A WHILE :slight_smile: