Who's Switched Sides? Import/Domestic?

I don’t think we’ve had this poll before. Consider your last relevant vehicle purchase.

• Who here has (last relevant purchase) gone from owning an import to a domestic?
  • Who here has (last relevant purchase) gone from owning a domestic to an import?
  • Who has never switched?
  • Who currently owns both?

Forget the grey area of transplants and just focus on the vehicle make. For example, Toyota Matrix is really just a re-badged Pontiac Vibe, but it’s still “called” a Toyota so it would be in the import category.

Don’t count winter beaters! We’ve all owned piles of shit at one time just to get us though the winter weather.

This might be touchy, but any blatant import vs. domestic hate will be removed without warning and met with infractions by our trusty Jr. Mods.

With the state of the auto industry as it is, do you intend to switch sides in the future? What makes you loyal to a specific brand? Or are you someone who views vehicles as just transportation and doesn’t see the different sides?

Lets see how civil NYSpeed can be :slight_smile:

Did not switch, still driving jap-mobiles
I have switched in the past. Domestic -> Jap -> Domestic -> Jap(current)

i had a gm winter car…does that count?

Don’t count winter beaters, lol.

Went from a ford to a nissan. Will probably stick to Nissan/Infiniti/BMW for the next car. I will only go back to American if they produce something that really WOWS me.

i currently own both

Think we’ll make it to page 2?

Anyhow, my vehicles have gone:

1981 Honda CB650 -> 1985 Honda Nighthawk S -> 1992 F150 -> 1993 Nissan Sentra -> 2001 VW Jetta -> 2007 Nissan Xterra

I know I know …“don’t talk about old cars” … BUT

my first car was a saturn…it was great…

I’ve owned 6 hondas since the saturn…

I plan on staying on the import side… no real reason except reliability (usually) and gas mileage. If I am making uber cream one day:roflpicard:… I may buy some torquey muscle as a weekend whip.

i have both

Went Ford>Subaru>Pontiac>Mazda

I went Euro > Jap

I will likely go back to Euro for my next car.

My problem with domestics is that you can only get a stick if you get a sports car, work truck, or base-trim econobox.

I really went Domestic -> Australian -> Domestic, but since the GTO was a pontiac in name, i guess i’ve stayed same side all along.

Poll choices are interesting. I can’t vote.

I go either way really, whichever product meets my needs and is right for the time. Brand loyalty to me is blindness. I see them as more than just transportation, but I could care less as to the side as long as it does the job, without issue. Be it to work, road-trip, or motorsports related activity.

Though my current ownership trends leans me towards imports. (Subaru/Toyota)

Ford -> Ford -> Ford -> Ford -> Toyota -> Ford -> Subaru -> Toyota -> Subaru

x2 I cant either. sloppy ass pole.

and no bacon option:picard:

Yeah, I had to change it to ‘relevant’ purchase. Made a mistake there.

So you would have gone domestic -> import based on your last switch.

Sensibility keeps me driving the chrysler city rubbish, It was free though does that count ? HaHa

I can vote now :tup:

Ford to BMW