WTB 1986 - 1990 Mazda RX-7 (turbo or non-turbo)

As the title said, I am looking for an used 2nd Generation RX-7 that falls into the year group of 1986 - 1990. Prefer color is in black or white, but also accepting other color looks good to me.

Let me know the condition of your RX-7 (Pictures shown will be good) as i will offer under $2000.

PS: I have done a little bit of research that it’s easy to buy a ok condition RX-7 in U.S. for under $2000 (after currency conversion) than in Canada.

pm me if you have one for sale.

Thanks in advance

i have one in good condition its white 143,000 original km’s. I am having problems with the motor tho drove fine for about a month and a half. great project car. anyways pm if your interested

check http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26488
duno if he still trying to get rid of it, pm him…goodluck with the search, it can be VERY hard at times…

www.rx7club.com

yeah i’m still selling mine, but i’m asking more than he is looking to spend.

yeah i’m still selling mine, but i’m asking more than he is looking to spend.[/quote]

Yeah, your RX7 is a nice one to buy with the stuff that you have upgraded on it. It’s too bad that it’s out of my budget.

you need to consider that if you buy one in the US since its an imported vehicle you need to pay 14% tax + another 6.xx% tax on top of that since it wasn’t manufacturered domestically. It comes to a little over 20% on top of the price so a solid 400 bucks on a $2000 car.

Just something to keep in mind, its not as cheap as you might think.

then you also gotta install day time running lights (and anything else it needs to pass safety) before you can get it registered at canadian tire… and canadian tire is the ONLY place licensed to register imported vehicles. which you also need to pay another $70 for

oh and then you need the letter from mazda (not a mazda dealership… mazda themselves) which they will charge you for… which could be anywhere from $50 (is what chevy wanted to charge me) to $750 (which is what ferrari charged me) to say that the vehicle has had all recalls done to it… and if they havent you need to get them done.

:smiley:

yeah ^^ knows his shit your gonna end up with alot of hassles to buy a car that isn’t worth it… i’d only import a car if its of very high quality not some run of the mill thing

He’s right on most of it.

I Imported an Eclipse Spyder back in FEB.

Yes, day time running lights you need but, your fog lights can count, does not need to be the headlights.

OVerall, not as strict as they seem.

Oh, and that letter, I have a friend at a mitsu dealership in canada to write me a letter on official letterhead stateing that all the recalls have been done. DOES NOT NEED TO BE MAZDA USA CORPORATE OFFICE. A simple letter on official MAZDA letterhead should do.

LOTS OF HASSLE.

Is it worth it on a $2000 car??

Lets just say I paid that in just fees and such getting it over.

Hope it helps

ALSO…LOL…Canadian tire doesnt charge u anything if you got the recall form, the certificate from the government(that long 2 paged sheet blue/white), and the white form for the inspector at CT(has wieght of vehicle, daytime running lights-general check list) - all we do is jsut fax it to the government and theres no charge. I did a couple pretty easy, i didnt even check the others, jsut made sure they had day times, wrote down weight and stamped buddys form. Good 2 Go.