WTB: 20 GB + hard drive

I need a good working internal computer hard drive. Nothing special just looking for 20 GB or more for a shop computer.

i have a 60 gig one that you can pick up. its about 2 years old. i had it in a computer and had planned on putting it in the one i have now, but i dont really need the extra 60 gigs. i have it completely cleared out so theres nothing on it however i could install an operating system on it for you if you should desire.

sounds great windows XP pro would work, how much you want for it and when can I pick it up?

im 99% pretty sure i have and XP Pro disk if not i will put regualr XP on it for you (i’m at work right now so i cant look for it at the moment). if i put XP pro on it, how does $60 sound? new ones seem to be going for around $1-$1.20 a gig, so $60 works out to a little over $0.80 a gig and then the rest for the operating system. i should be able to put the operating system on it either tonight or tomorrow morning, so if you want to maybe meet me at my work tomorrow night to pick it up.

EDIT: it was only in a computer for like a month before i got a new computer. i installed it in that one to put music on, but i never ended up doing that so it never had anything installed on it.

Forget the operating system. I have the discs laying around. No offense but $60 you are out of your mind when I can get a new 250GB after rebate for $49.99.

So does anyone have a hard drive for around $25??

Jay lemme go check i might have on you can just have for free.

bahaha 60 bucks for 60 gigs?

are u high???

Woop sorry no dice i had an old pc laying around with a 30gb hd in it but i guess my bro in law must have stripped it out when i was in iraq. Ill ask him if hes got ne extras and let ya know.

i honestly dont know much abut computers…i asked a coupple people (who do know) what they thought would be a fair price for a slightkly used 60 gig hard drive and they said anywhere from $.75 to $1 a gig is a fair price. to be honest, its sitting in a box not doing anything in a drawer in my desk. if you want to give me $30 for it with XP Pro on it then thats cool. id rather see some1 actually putting it to use rather than it sitting in my desk. let me know if you still want it.

if he doesnt take it let me know ill take the drive from u

you’re the one that told me $60 hahahaha

blah some people just want to pay 10$ for everything used and damaged. gl

fyi, brand new western digital 80 gig hd’s sell on newegg for 40 bucks. :wink:

so that’s .50/gig, BRAND NEW.