WTB: 4 Cylinder SOHC Car

I need a 4c SOHC in any condition as long as it runs and the tranny is still working. My guys at work and I are building up some cars for the hornet series at Holland. I dont want to spend more then a 1000.

Here are the cars I am looking for:

Honda
Neon
Beretta
Some fords

dont buy anything but a honda.

trust me. check the FS: section and see what JDMSIR has.

i have a 1989 mercury tracer 1.6l sohc sweet shit on gas

seriously if you want a beater with a heater, make sure its a toyota or a honda.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25354

anyone???

I am pretty sure the Beretta never came with a SOHC motor. Can you go DOHC? Not that I have anything, but is there a restriction to SOHC, or OHV?

I think that the beretta had either the 2.2 OHV or the 2.4 Quad 4

I have a 95 neon sport with 85k on it 5 spd Sohc, just needs the timing done to it. It also just goet a fresh head gasket. Pm me if interested

Doesn’t have to be Iron block as well? I guess not, new rule change?

i was looking thru the 2007 rules and it says nothing about modifing the engine or exhaust but the registration is this sunday so I am going to ask about it. The 2.2 beretta came with a SOHC i think, all i know is one of the guys drove one last year in the hornet class.

i have 2 subaru legacy wagon one for $1000 and the other for $200 you choose, want a cheap fixer upper $200 or a excellent dd for $1000

[quote=“AndyB,post:11,topic:24728"”]

…The 2.2 beretta came with a SOHC i think…

[/quote]

2.2 OHV

[quote=“AndyB,post:11,topic:24728"”]

i was looking thru the 2007 rules and it says nothing about modifing the engine or exhaust but the registration is this sunday so I am going to ask about it. The 2.2 beretta came with a SOHC i think, all i know is one of the guys drove one last year in the hornet class.

[/quote]

you are not aloud to touch the engine it must remain bone stock exhaust is supposed to extending behind the drive so ur not directly sucking in the fumes… i havnt seen any barreta’s out ( i race in the class) there are a few corsicas and olds but thats about it if u wanna compete honda is the main way hatches go pretty well… also a couple sentras that are pretty hooked up if u need help go to the early practices my car will be red and black with the huge IR ingersoll-rand on the hood

man, I could have sold you a 89 sunbird gt conv with the 2.0: OHC turbo motor (needed a new short block) for $200 and given you the number for another motor and 5 spd swap for another $600-800.

But the car just got sold for parts

Ok here are the rules for the 2007 Hornet & Queen series staright from the site, I know the registration is this sunday so I am going to ask why there in nothing written about the engine and the exhaust in the rule book:confused:

[LEFT]Holland International Speedway 2007 Hornet & Queen Bee Rules 1[/LEFT]
[LEFT]2007 Hornets / Queen Bees (4 cylinder Enduros)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]A. Any 4 cylinder car with a maximum wheel base of 106”and a complete stock body, frame, and
suspension. No bracing anywhere except inside the drivers compartment. Dash, steering and
pedals must remain stock for that make and model. All insulation under hood must be
removed. NOTE: Any wheelbase 4-cylinder mini-van allowed to compete. No dual overhead
cams allowed. No turbo, all wheel drive or Volkswagen type cars will be permitted.
B. Stock carburetor/fuel inj ection systems for that make and model.
C. Stock transmissions for that make and model.
D. Battery must remain under hood.
E. Stock unaltered rear end for that make and model.
F. Passenger tires only. Wheels and tires must be same size. Stock wheels only, no custom
racing wheels with a maximum width of 6” inside bead to bead
. Tires sizes: 13” tires may
be no longer than 185-70-13. 14" tires may be no larger than 195-70-14. Street tires only.
G. Gas tank: if stock gas tank is ahead of the rear axle it may remain in place. If stock gas tank is
behind rear axle; it must be replaced with a fuel cell or boat tank (max. of 6.6 gallons. Fuel
cell/boat tank must be covered, secured and located in trunk.
H. Roll Bar: (highly recommended) a single hoop roll bar accepted or two (min. of 3½ inch) pipes
from ceiling to floorboard allowed. Roll bar must be welded or bolted to car.
I. Driver’s door must be welded or chained shut. Driver side doorplates required. Passenger door
may open.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]J. Approved helmets, gloves and long sleeves required. Fire suites are strongly recommended.
K. All glass (except windshield) must be removed. Third brake light must remain intact and
operable. To compete, cars must be cleaned out from any loose material, broken glass etc.
L. Management claim in effe ct at all times. Claim amount $200.00
M. All cars are subject to a minimum specification inspection at any time. It is the responsibility
of the driver to prepare their car free of defects and in a safe racing condition.
N. Drivers floor pan must be complete. No holes.
O. No extra weight shall be added.
P. Minimum five point racing harness required.
Q. Driver quick release window nets are required.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Holland International Speedway 2007 Hornet & Queen Bee Rules 2[/LEFT]
[LEFT]R. Roof of the HORNET car must be painted yellow.
S. Front and rear bumpers of the QUEEN BEE car must be painted pink.
T. Bumper covers must be covered.
U. Driver, who either currently or previously competed in any other division, may not compete.
Only women are allowed to compete in the Queen Bee division."[/LEFT]

they dont have much fo a rule book but if u show up there with a car that has high compression and you readily blowing the field away your gonna be thrown out… your not aloud to alter your engine or intake in anyway…

1992-1994 Sunbird base model’s came with the “last” straight GM used version of the 2.0 OHC engine like my car has. This version specifically is n/a - but is MPFI, DIS, and OBD-I. My car (Turbo - LT3) has MPFI but is distributor based. The fuel systems and ignition and ECM between these two versions are compleatly different.

This version is plentiful, it’s one of the easiest to work on engines I’ve ever seen, the parts are dirt cheap - there are tons of motors at the junkyards, and they are quite bulletproof. I could tell you a lot you could do to upgrade the motor and car to make it quite the lil racer… You won’t get a lot of power out of it n/a without doing head work, cam swap, or pistons swaps, but you could get it up to 150 hp or so fairly easily.

Holl-r at me if you want more info.

wtf ive always wanted to circle track a car… anyone want a driver? ill pay. i just dont have the time or place to get one of those cars ready… but this summer ill have a 94 grand prix that well need to be taken care of… idk what class that applies for, but id def want to race it.