WTB: 92-00 D Series Ex/Si 5 speed transmission

So, I put a 3 Stage VTEC D15B in my cousins car in place of his D16Y7 that he grenaded. The major problem I have while driving it is the gearing is super :gay and it falls out of the wild cam VTEC (and man it seems like the wildest SOHC VTEC switchover I have ever driven). I mean, the car gets retarded good gas mileage (leaned out 12 valve mode under 2500RPM’s) but thats not the primary concern here. I chipped a P06 ECU to a P28, and then added another 5151s and made it p72-ish (minus knock board) to have IAB control, then I soldered a mini-SPDT relay in to reverse the engagement voltage (IAB is constant 12v when closed, then 0v engages it) and it controls the VTEC-E portion of the car. The car is turbo, and it moves quite well but I believe it will roll out with a y8/z6 tranny.

If anyone has one, let me know! I am ready to pick it up, I have to pull the transmission off anyhow because the clutch is spent even with 10* of timing pulled and only 4psi.

Thanks,
Jon

I know someone on here probably has 85 of these sitting in their garage/basement/bedroom/bathroom/kitchen…

TTT :ohnoes

I have two D16 Crx Si Transmissions, let me know.

For this project I need a hydro transmission. How much for the CRX Si transmission though, I could use it for my 91 DX?

Jon

BUMP ANYONE???

free bump, and not to steal your thunder but if you find someone and ey happen to have 2, i’m looking for one aswell. :tong

No problem. CX/DX hatch? I just finished with my cousins hatch and thats what this is going into if/when I find one.

Jon

Still needing a transmission! Anyone?

Switched from kinda need/want a better transmission to need a transmission… it locked up today! BUMP!

Jon

Anyone?

Japan Star FTW. :cool

how much did you get it for if you dont mind me asking

More than I wanted to spend, but its in great shape. I needed a motor for someone else, a flywheel for myself, and a transmission for this job so it worked out better to just buy a complete swap. They said $250 for a transmission alone, I could have gotten them down less but I wasn’t in the mood to play games. We also picked up a genuine Civic Type-R spoiler for $80 which is dirt cheap.

Jon