wtb: a good sub system

i have built systems that have won competitions (spl) for less than that. granted mine were done at cost but a decent system can still be had for under 800

what comps? iasca? IDBL? Bassrace? what team? what setup and numbers did you post?? how did you do it for less than 800? :bsflag:

i can win comps on less than 800 bucks too. anyone can. it depends on who youre competing against. ive never seen a >$800 setup put up any amazing numbers in the lanes without A) sounding like shit B) looking like shit, or C) both. and even still its not a very competitive system. if you could make an SPL system loud enough to beat all the big names in SPL for less than 800 bucks, youre name would be up there with scott owens and alma gates. its not. this kid wants something on the cheap that he can use for an everyday musical expierience. hes not looking for an SPL system that plays one note and looks like shit. well i dont think he cares about looks judging by the car he bought (which is neither here nor there). it is simply not plausible to spend less than 800 bucks, even if you get equipment at cost, and have a GOOD system.

Back on topic, i would still like to know wht the coils are so i may recomend an amp for you.

Are you the guy with the ricey yellow mustang?

it has a tiger on it…

I have a sub for you, 15" Eclipse Titanium in a sealed box. It’s good for 750WRMS and 1500WMAX. It has 2 4 ohm voice coils and is wired up with 8 gauge power cable. $350 and its yours

obviously i am not talking about the iasca nationals or anything like that. i am just talking local competitions. for the hell of it i had a kendwood head $150, crossfire bmf1000d $150, an oz audio power matrix 15 $125,audio control xm3e $40, audiocontrol overdrive $40, crossfire 4ch amp $120,2 sets of eclipse components $100 each. this setup with the single 15 hit 156.6 at darryls 158.4 at custom and 152.8 at db drags. all of my systems were always finished nicely… i used them as showpieces considering that i build systems on the side. my setups were always extremely loud and very cost effective. for instance go to best buy right now and get last years model kenwood or alpine head for $125-150. you can find two denect sets of speakers for around 100-150 on the internet. a small class d amp for 200 and a sub or two with the box for 200. with the wiring from parts express.com for about 60. so wow, he would have himself a nice little system that would be exactly what he wants for under $800.