WTB: Any Subaru Wagon. $4000 or less

I am looking to get my hands on a Subara for winter. I would like a Forester or Outback. Manual trans would be sweet, but I am not looking to be picky. I am looking for anything right now from $1000-$4000.

If you know of anyone selling one around here or even into PA within a decent distance… I will be more than happy to check it out. I really would like the car to be able to pass inspection no problem.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

I am pretty sure SilverGT has a few listed up on here

there is a white one on south park near milestrip at a collision shop. my buddy looked at it, 5 sp. i think it was like 1500

I’ll have one for sale in less than a month hopefully.

Well I just sold my Mazda 6s today, so I’m trying to get one before the snow falls. lol I dont see the S2k handling very well the first snow fall we get, nor Do I want to drive it then.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Know anything wrong with it, or does your buddy know? How come he didnt pick it up?

With a small deposit I will find you one.

He just stopped by to check it out. He didn’t drive it or talk to anyone about it. It looks pretty solid tho, its worth goin to take a look at it

Thank you for the heads up. I know today after work I’m driving to Spencerport, NY to check out a 97 legacy outback 5spd. Looked in the pictures to be cosmetically in good shape. I know around the price I’m paying I will find body issues (rust, scratches, dents) whatever. The one in Spencerport has 117k. Other than that, I’m going back towards Rochester Saturday because of several dealers and privates having them out there. Rochester seems to be home of Imports. lol

Any suggestion from anyone about what to look for with Subaru’s and potential issues down the road. I know to ask about the timing and when the last time it was done. I’ve heard some about the gaskets. Anything else with Subarus?

If you’re willing to drive any further, Syracuse is full of them. People act like you can’t survive a winter without AWD around here. But then again, it’s probably not worth the travel, I’m sure you can find something closer if you’re not that picky.

I know I’m sure I’ll find one in Rochester at the price I’m at. If not, I will consider it.

Its not that I cant survive winter without one… I just want an AWD. I drive to Holiday Valley every single week, sometimes 2-3 times a week. I have been doing that every winter on the 219 since I got my license. I just want something safer and well, who doesnt wants something fun in the snow. I’m sick of front wheel drive.

I listed both my mom and my vehicle for sale if your interested let me know
2000 Subaru Outback Legacy Wagon 2.5L $2500
http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?226376-2000-Subaru-Legacy-Outback-Wagon-2.5L-Automatic-220K-Miles-2500
2003 Subaru Outback LLBean Edition H6 3.0L $3500
http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?226374-2003-Subaru-Legacy-Outback-LLBean-Edition-H6-Automatic-AWD!-3500

I can meet you half way also to show you the car if need be.

I am good, thank you. I put a down payment on a 97 with roughly 150k and no exterior rust. 5spd as well. Should be a good buy.