WTB: CD Writer Drive

Apparently the new computer I bought doesn’t have a CD writer… :rolleyes: So I need one of these. Internal or external, doesn’t matter (external is easier for me to work with, but I’ll rip apart my computer if I have to). I’d prefer a 48x or 52x.

Who’s got one???

try sony

Best buy has them for crazy cheap
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7163589&type=product&id=1110266454194

$54.99??? I can get an external from tiger direct for $30… but my credit card is maxed out… that’s why I was hoping someone here had an extra one lying around.

I have a Samsung 52x24x52 CD-RW drive, has an 8MB buffer, which means you can burn whatever usually at full speed and not drop burns. It’s a quality burner but I picked up a DVD-RW.

$20 shipped or else we can meet somewhere in the middle for pickup? PM me if interested. Gimme $25 and I’ll put it in.

Hey…if i remember correctly best buy had a dvd/cd writer for like 50 bucks…by dynex…it was internal…who is your new pc by because some manufacturers are putting this ghey plastic assembly on the drive bay housing that makes it kinda hard to put in a non-OEM drive…

thanks, but I got one already for $25, thanks to trumpnet.

damn, I have an external (usb2.0 or firewire) Plextor DVD burner I don’t need anymore.

Oh, it’s a Dell 5150. And it was easy as hell to put in… took like 2 minutes. Side panel snapped right off, front plastic piece snapped off, screws to hold the drive were attached to the plastic piece covering the slot for the drive. Slide it in, attach screws, snap panels back on, done!