WTB: Cheap, RUNNING, Project 240SX in GTA

Hey guys,

Well, I’m looking into getting back into Nissans. I’ve been with Mazdas lately and now I’m looking for a cheap rear-wheel drive project car (running and drivable) with a 5-speed. Mainly because I’d really love to learn how drive stick, as well as want something fun to do on my spare time, as well as have a car in the future that I can at least have some fun with.

I’m looking at spending no more than $1000 or $1500 CAD on a project car.

Here’s what I’m looking for:

• 240SX coupe or hatch. Coupe is preferred, but gimme what you’ve got! (or 300ZX, if anyone knows someone who’s selling one for cheap)

• decent body, chassis and engine bay condition (not super-rust, but no hard-to-repair damage like stuff in the rear quarter panels or bent frames). Rust isn’t too much of a problem unless its going to need sheet-metal grafting larger than the size of a normal 8.5x11 piece of paper.

• 5-speed manual (duh)

• drivable (I wanna be able to drive it while I work on it)

• offers for other RWD cars are okay as well (FC RX-7s? Somewhat run-down 300ZXes or Miatas?)

I’m also looking for this to be in the GTA, buy any cars less than $1500 being offered out of the GTA is fine as well.

Thanks in advance for your offers.

Should’ve come onto the site 3 months ago. i wouldve had the perfect miata for you. But if you’re looking for 240s, TNC isnt the plcae to be. The larger market is over at son240sx.org.

I’ve actually posted a WTB ad on SON240SX as well :stuck_out_tongue: Hopefully I get something on there :slight_smile:

Too bad… Would totally love a Miata :wink:

Thanks anyway

Its a shame really.

Engine was fine, Chassis had a half ass patch but it was a good base to start frame reinforcement. body was in decent condition. Had aftermarket Mazda speed wheel + hub which is worth 700 alone.

Bad thing is you’d have to install a new brake rail and wouldnt be able to drive it home.

But for 100 it was a sick deal.

should contact osad

No he shouldn’t.

Oh?

What’s he got?

$100 only? Don’t care about brakes… Who needs 'em? :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, wouldn’t mind doing a ground-up brake system install. I was a sit-in during a lesson on doing exactly that in Centennial. I’ve got the general basics.

Dad’s also got a honkin’ V8 in his truck and a buddy of mine has a car trailer, so it wouldn’t have been a problem :stuck_out_tongue: