WTB: Cordless drill

i’m starting a new job this coming monday, so i need to find something quality by then… i would prefer either a dewalt or milwaukee, but may be open to others, and would like it to be atleast 12-14 volts, or higher. must have atleast one battery, 2 would be better, and the charger is also a must. looks aren’t all that important as long as it holds a charge as if it were still new.

Ridgid or Makita 18v

Ridgid is a tough mofo. 18v will get you through just about anything. Batteries charge fully in like 20 minutes and last a long time. I have two. One hammer drill and one regular. Repair center is right next to the arena if they ever do break.

Makita is super light and has a cool little light. I don’t personally own one, but all the people that I know that have them love it.

If your doing anything other then home use, buy a 18v. They just have alot more power and can take more abuse.

For the home, Dewalt or even Ryobi is fine.

Edit: Go buy a new one with a warranty. Especially if your using it everyday and its your meal ticket.

i love my craftsman 2 pack, 19.2 volts, you get a reg drill and a right angle, a charger and 2 batteries for like 99 bucks on sale or 119 reg price.

the ryobis arent bad my dad has about 30 of their 18v tools drills, saw zalls, circ saws lights ext even the radio to match there cheaper but work and last good

All true.

Also, take a look at the Bosch line. They make some incredible tools. I have an Bosch 18v impact driver, Bosch 18v regular 3/8" drill, and a ridgid 1/2" Hammer drill.

What is your budget and what are you using it for?

dont use ryobi if your doing anything more then house work craftsman makita bosch and dewalt thats it ryobi suck trust me

no they dont, ive been using them for years when i work with my dad and there cheap enough where if one breaks you can just buy a new one and there always on sale

i’m starting a new job this tuesday intalling new electricity in houses and shit, so i’ll be installings light switches and sockets all day along with whatever i use the thing around the apt for… found an 18v ryobi at my previous job but one battery wont hold a charge and the other one made a funny noise for a few seconds and then started smoking and melting as it was attached to the gun, so i don’t think i’m going with ryobi. just found out my brother has an 18v dewalt that he can send me (he lives in philly). i’ll still need to buy a spare battery and a charger though. thanks for everyone that posted in here though

Jagermeister: if i have any problems with his dewalt since it is a few years old i’ll def. send you a PM

I don’t work for DeWalt. I work for IRWIN Tools.

ryobi is fucking useless if youre using it everyday. and its not cheap enough to just replace it. by the time you buy two youve already spent enough to buy on good one. spend the cash and do it right the first time.