WTB: Garrett "SVO" T3 Super60

Looking to downgrade my hairdryer. Anyone have or have a lead on a Garrett / Airersearch T3 Super60? Preferably 0.63 ar turbine?

$10 finders fee if it converts to a sale.

For reference:
T3 footprint
0.60 cold / 0.63 hot -or- 0.48 hot
Oil & water

Thanks

What do you have now? I might be interested in trading my turbo for it.
Air research .60 ar compressor
Turbonetics .48 hot side
Also has 360 degree washer, and is minty as can be.

Was new at the beginning of last summer I put probably 10k miles on it at most. Might be willing to sell it out right as well depending on your offer.

trade would probably require cash, fyi. Holset HX35, hogged wastegate port, milled scroll divider, ~10k on CHRA rebuild. Ran to 30#s not a single problem, no end or side play in excess of a mm.

I was expecting to pay cash on top for sure. That maybe a tad large for my application…you can pm me offer on my turbo if your still interested in it. The turbo worked great on my gsr motor but this year I want something just a bit more.

Yea this is a bit much for a GSR.

I’ll keep you in mind. I’m really looking for a .63 hotside, as even that will be choking me a bit uptop.

:tup:

Btw try to pm WGFletch, I go to school with him up here at Oswego and he has 2 turbos that might be a better fit to your application. He is a good/honest seller…

This is from his thread
-t3t4 turbonetics .53trim w/2,500 miles on it comes with 2.5" dp with flex pipe and 02 bung and flanged for exhaust (dp came off an eg with an ls in it)-425$ with everything listed and a ss drain line

-PRECISION- PTB-300-5031E t3t4 5 bolt 63.cold 60.hot MINT MINT only used for a month on a weekend cruiser-550$

depending on that housing the hx35 do very well on a gsr FYI (joshb)

it is the 16cm^2 housing

does jay still have his t28 that he stuck the papertowel in and forgot about it when he started up the car lol

t28 too small. tks tho.

I dont know if it helps you or not but i have the orignal t3 off my grand national i would sell cheap.I think its .60/.63.Its a garrett

Really? I thought the GN compressors were effectively T04Bs…

Is it the 3 bolt outlet, hot side?

Is it in any kind of usable condition?

Its probably a 5 bolt hot side with a dual flanged compressor. Im pretty sure its the same turbo used on the older tbirds

IIRC the stock (TA49?) GN compressor is the same CHRA & hotside (0.63) but is a different compressor & wheel.

Different maps.

Its a 3 bolt hot side.It seems to be in decent condition.i never ran it.When i bought the car the engine was toast and when i rebuilt the engine i upgraded the turbo to a GT6157.A TA49 is an upgrade for a GN,its about 2 steps bigger than stock.This is a pic of a TA49 for a GN.I am not any kind of an expert on turbos,thats why i didnt know if it was something you could use.Seturbo.com lists it on there website as a TBO348 as the stock replacement.I dont know if that helps any.

Yes they are actually a small T04B compressor section with the same chra as a T3 but the turbine and exhaust housing are a bit bigger than even a .63 stage 1 T3 turbine… im not sure exactly what it equates to but it would be close to like a .82 stage 3 turbine id say… remember this is designed for a 3.8 v6. nikuk what are u using it for?

see thats why im confused. his initial post mentioned .60/63, where as I thought GNs were .70 / .82.

do you know if its a 60-1 or 62-1 comp?

and this is a 2.3T ford, hence the comparos to the T3 60/63. getting away from the HX35, at least for the time being.

quite a bit smaller than a 60-1 etc, IIRC the compressor maps supported a lil bit over 400hp or so, not much more… earlier GNs and T types used a special .60 T3 compressor very much like the t bird turbos, but the turbine and exhaust housing are bigger… like .82 or so