WTB/H SUB BOX

Ok, I bought a 12’’ JL W6 off LAFENGAS like 6 months ago and I’ve finally decided to get everything installed. I need a box for the thing and they want to charge like 100 bucks at stero shop for one. I am asking anyone out here if they have one I could buy for cheaper or even make one (I heard they are simple I just suck at that kinda stuff). Pleasee let me know, thanks!

You just have one 12" cause Ive got a box i am not using, like brandnew but its for 2 12"s

damn, yeah i only have the 1 12. think it could be converted for just one?

just make ur own its not brain surgery. wood at home depot 20 bucks. screws 5 bucks. (hopefuly u have ur own saw).

But you need to have particular air gaps n such (from what I read offline). I am not good at reading the prints they give and applying it which is why the thread also says WANTS TO HIRE.

mdf board works best. typically, the bigger the box, the deeper the bass tones.

Yeah, like stated, if anyone could make it I would pay for materials and their time

ebay usually has them pretty cheap like 50 bucks shipped

honostly, i just tossed one out this morning before i left for work. but make sure your amp has proper outputs, otherwise it wont give you the sound your looking for. what kind of car are you putting this into, is there a size limitation, or shape limitation?

no size or shape limitation, 1996 caddy seville

ALOT of misinformation in this thread… I can build you a correct box ported and tuned to the T/S parameters of the sub. pm me.

pmed!

DIRTYE clear your inbox, so were looking 210-215 for both?

in box clear :stuck_out_tongue:

i can build you one, LMK

Not to hijack, but Would a tuned box help my little subs sound better/ louder? I have the MTX road thunder thing, 2 12’s and the box it came with is ok, but would a custom tuned box be better?

[quote=“The_Russian,post:16,topic:28270"”]

Not to hijack, but Would a tuned box help my little subs sound better/ louder? I have the MTX road thunder thing, 2 12’s and the box it came with is ok, but would a custom tuned box be better?

[/quote]

cmon, i thought you were a big audio guy going to comps and stuff… anyways yes it will help.

a correctly built ported/vented inclosure will be 3dbs (in theory) louder than a correctly built sealed enclosure. 3 dbs to the ear again in theory is twice as loud

Alright, Who wants to build one for me? and how much?

PM me if u would like a quote