wtb large sheets of mdf

at home depot i can only find 18 inches wide. anyone know where i can get bigger

They should sell 4x8 sheets there, thats where I get it from.

^^^ I agree I’ve bought them there before.Go up front and ask and if the don’t carry anymore ask if they can check their other stores for you.
D

Both HD & Lowes carry 4x8 sheets upto 3/4" thick. They can order 1" thick as well.

Last time i bought a few sheets @ HD it was ~$24 a sheet.

we work with MDF all day long at work

PM me what ya need joe (up to 1 3/4) in a 4x8 sheet and ill see what i can get it for. We get it wholesale/in bulk so its pretty cheap.

I can also get you MEDEX. Its like MDF but it has a more durable glue used in the compound. Its more for outdoor uses, but itll last 1000000x longer the MDF.

Shoot me a PM and ill ask the office at work tomorrow.

ooooh really? I’m going to have to take You up on that in a few weeks :slight_smile:

I have a pretty siqqq hookup joe. What I can get is cheaper than anyone else. PM me what you are looking for and ill get a price for you…

hbs on filmore in tonawanda has inch and 1/4 sheets but it is mad heavy a 4x8 sheet is over 100lbs

my comp freezes when i send pms. thanks anyways guys i went to home depot and because the corners were nicked i got all 3 peices 50 percent off i tottally dont need this much mdf though maybe ill build a a medium density fiberboard dog house

You dont want to use MDF in most outdoor atmospeheres. It does NOT like alot of moisture. Even with a “proper” primer/sealant, the fiberboard will still bloat ridiculously badly… within a matter of days.
Direct soaking? Large structural loss in a matter of a couple of hours.

MDF is ideal for indoor use, away from constant moisture. By moisture I mean excessive dampness (near a pool, floor decking in a bathroom, doghouse).

It’s plenty good for kitchen cabinetry or anything drier.

I have plenty of scrap You can play with, but nothing bigger then 10"x10"x.75

Thats why they make MEDEX. its MDF, but with heavy duty outdoor rated glue in the compund. Good stuff :tup: but its like 30 bucks for a 4x8x1/2" sheet. And thats at our prices :bloated:

they def sell 4x8 sheets just go there and look up…

u think i would really build a doghouse? i hate my dogh i would only build him a coffin

:nite: