WTB Ski Rack

Well I just remember the latch to fold down my back seat broke this summer. No more shoving skis in the back of the GTI.

I need a complete setup…base, bars, and ski racks. I think that are all universal for MK4 2 door golfs and GTI’s. Brand doesn’t matter. I just don’t want to be spending an arm and a leg.

I have a full THULE roof rack system for sale. All you would need is the ski adapter and fit kit for your car.
http://shift518.com/index.php?topic=414.0

Dont wanna spend an arm and a leg? HAHAHA IMPOSSIBLE
Ski Racks are expencive as FUCK. EVEN used!

Yeah I saw that. I didn’t say anything about it b/c $500 is a little steep plus it seemed like you didn’t want to part it. I have no use for the bike holders and Honda hook ups.

Yeah I know…I have found some for cheap but they wont fit my car…fuck VW roof racks. I found a complete set on craigslist for $200 but will only fit 4 door Mk4’s. The I found a base for $60 but will only fit the new beetles.

do the mk3 jetta bases fit your car? a shot in the dark, but its worth it

I am not even sure If I want to go there. I had a hard enough time trying to see if MK4 Jetta’s would fit.

Going to pick up a Yakima base carrier I bought off craigslist for $50 later today. Anyone have Yakima ski holders, farring, or VW MK4 hardware they want to sell me?

you can use either yakima or thule, they make blocks to adapt to the round bars, just an FYI

Thanks for the info. The Thule still fit kinda like crap. I ended up returning the thule and grabbed finally found a yakima ski holder.