WTB: winter beater under $800

i know it’s kind of late in the season to be posting this. in truth i was hoping to sell my FC and buy a nice truck for the winter. but i found out this week that my insurance woes have cleared up and come spring i will be able to insure myself on my FC once again, so i’m keeping it.

therefore i need a car and something cheap. i don’t care what it is, i don’t care what it looks like, as long as it runs, drives, and is either certified (i know that’s a stretch) OR will certify with NOT MUCH WORK! i’m not looking to buy a money pit here. ideally i just need something i can get on the road in under a week’s time. i’ve been taking the bus since early november and so far winter has been good to me in that respect. but the snow and deep cold has finally hit and i find myself arriving to work cold, shivering, frustrated, and sometimes sick from the weather. so i’m dying to get a vehicle.

preferably under $800, and like i said preferably easily certifiable.

send any offers to driftRPS13@hotmail.com or to my PM box.

thanks.

-Brian

hi man i have a 92 corolla that is mint and needs nothing to cert or e-test i was looking for $1000 but lit me now and we can go from there

hey brian, i have a 91 integra GS with 270km and i can certify it… everything power, runs alright, but burns a little oil… needs one rear rotor and rear pads, i have both new, not installed and that’s all it needs for cert anyways. i have a temp plate on it till thursday if you wanna come for a drive.

800 is a good price

I might have my van up for sale in a week or so if I decide to sell it.

1993 “Nissan” quest
-4 captain seats
-runs solid
-power everything, AC, fully loaded
-just done tune up 2 months ago (plugs, wires, cap and rotor, new coolant, tranny fluid, flushed injectors, air filter etc.)
-Cert and etested
-Body isnt an eye catcher, but its a great A to B car with lots of cargo space
-$1000

Let me know if your interested.

Thanks

Chris

thanks but i’ve already had 2 mini-vans in my driving career so far and i’m not really looking to get another one haha.

i forgot to put in the original post that i’d much prefer something that’s 5-speed. i’ll settle for auto if i can’t find anything 5-speed soon.

my 240?

update ur link it still goes to the old forum

hey whats up i have a 95 chrysler cirrus lxi 2.5 l i need rid of 800$
new brakes
new ball joint
motor has 300.000 km still running good burning a little oil though
mechanics car

http://www.forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=23011

if you wana do a bit of work you can have this on the road for 800 no problem.
I found a engin for it with 150km for 200. and all the other parts are cheap. and easy to fix.

or dont even put an engine in it. just do the other stuff and drive it. It will just smoke a bit on start up.