Yamaha R1 ~ YZF1000R

I am selling my 97 Yamaha R1. I’ve owned it for the last four years and put over 10,000 miles on it. It currently has approximately 24,000 on it. The bike is an incredible machine and has performed flawlesly over the time that I’ve rode it. One of the first things that you notice is that the geometry is so comfortable and the seat is so soft that it’s served me well with taking long day trips down to pennsylvania’s long winding mountain passages. The throttle rolls on smooth and the suspension setup on the bike really seats the tires through long sweepers and twistys alike.
The previous owner before me actually had the motor sent out to a shop in Virginia where he was from and had them do a few upgrades shortly after his purchase. He had a valve job done with the addition of bigger lift cams, fly cut pistons, with higher rate valve springs and retainers to accomodate for the additional valve lift, as well as a full port and polish on the head totaling to $1800.00 in work. After the work was done he also paid to have the bike dialed in on a dyno. I have the receipts for all of the engine work done as well as a weathered dyno graph in which the bike put down nearly 155hp at the rear wheel.
Additionaly I have a D&D pipe on it along with Metzler M3 rubbers in the front and rear, race dialed suspension settings and a K&N air filter. The bike is in great condition mechanicaly and otherwise as I’ve always cared for routine maintenance well with oil changes, air filter cleanings, plug and fuel filter changes. Though the bike fairings on the left lower side are cracked where it says Yamaha as well as up near the cluster from the kickstand kicking out when the previous owner parked it one day. Nothing that has caused any trouble in the years I’ve owned it.
The bike has been a great bike and I have truly enjoyed riding it all of these years. And as will any liter bike, you have to be cautious opening it up in the first few gears. I’m sure it would make some one an incredible joy as it has for me. Certainly as the riding season is now here it will be a great time!

If you are interested you can contact me via pm and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I’m asking $3250 for it.
zero5672, turbo4doorminime, lxiflyby, shanerv and others can vouch for me.

To view pictures… go here! http://buffalo.craigslist.org/mcy/1713635133.html
Clean Title in Hand