04 Spec V Sentra

New pics added…

I know a catch can isn’t really needed on an N/A engine, I thought it looked ok so I put it in. If you want more details just ask.

No info?

What would you like to know?
It’s an 04 Spec V, too many mods to list(i’ll be here all day,lol) no footwork done yet, got new shocks and struts, just need some decent lowering springs and no more 4X4, ha ha.

If i had a Dollar for every time i heard too many mods to list I could retire. How bout a couple pictures then ( a picture says a thousand words) That would definately not take all day. No foot work… 4x4… just what exactly are these mods???

Ok, I’ll snap some pics as soon as I get a chance and post them up. (footwork meaning suspension mods, currently all stock)

All stock? I know you have other things done to it.

All my suspension is bone stock, I have the parts , just no time at the moment to swap it out. Hang on guys, lol, give me a chance to post some pics and all will be revealed.

Some of them include: complete custom 2.5" exhaust from manifold back I fabricated myself from scratch, Magnaflow hi-perf muffler, pre-cat removed, butterflies locktighted, intake manifold ported, exhaust manifold ported, pillar pods w\gauges, A’pexi AFC NEO controlling fuel maps and VIAS (fully adjustable from 250rpm to 8000 rpm) set to open @ 4000rpm and close @ 3800rpm, AEM long ram intake, Optima red top, HKS earthing kit, NGK iridium plugs, A’pexi turbo timer, shifter throw has been reduced by 25% by modding linkage position, daytime running lights disabled, driving lights wired for daytime runners, and soon to have KYB shocks and struts installed when I get to my new shop (need to use alignment machine to complete install). The rest could fall under cosmetic, but that stuff isn’t important seeing as how it doesn’t make the car any faster, just makes it look more ricey. And NO, that isn’t a fart cannon it is only a tip. With these mods I can easily smoke most 3.5 V6’s, they don’t seem to be able to reach speeds higher than 180kph, basically 5th gear for me. I’ve topped out around 220kph in 6th so far and still have more room to go…

I Would absolutely love to see this. 189km 2300 rpm 4th gear for me damn speed limiter. Forget about mods and know that the speed limiter in most of the vq 3.5’s is 143mph and thats a electronic fuel cut, not a redlining or drag limited issue. Could be the 3.5’s your racing are autos???. My fuel cut is 189km. But I’d love to see the outcome from say a standing launch or a 20-30k roll.

Oh BTW Any reason you have a turbo timer on a N.A. Car???

Yea, it has 4 other functons besides the timer, and there is no real reason for installing it other than the narrow band A/F meter and the ability to let my car warm up in the winter w/o having the key in the ignition, a way cheaper solution to a remote starter. It shows battery power and also shows me my O2 sensors are switching properly. I plan on installing a return style fuel system in the spring in preparation for forced induction so it will come in handy. Besides it says right on the box it can be used for BOTH N/A and turbo applications, running an engine hard at 195f (stock temp) still needs time to cool down turbo or not. My QR25 doesn’t seem to like full syth. as the molecules are much smaller and piss out through all the seals so I’ve gone back to conventional for now until I can find a better quality oil.

You should be able to remove the fuel cut, that sounds extremely bad. Cutting fuel under load could be potentially fatal ie detonation, cutting spark is the safer way to go, but then Nissan wouldn’t be able to sell u a new engine when it blows.

Autos perhaps, i did run one down from about 4 car lengths behind and was already in 3rd, a standing launch would be interesting to see though…and fun to try.

I’m getting the technosquare reflash this winter so that will take care of the speed limiter. Should be fun times next summer. I know when My car was stock and being an auto it wont kick down after a certain rpm. And not being able to tap the end of 2nd made a huge difference. Especially say from a 110k roll. 110 no kick down, 105ish would kick down.

Yours is auto? Maybe a manual conversion would be something to look at, would make it a lot more responsive.

Yep mines Auto. I Actually like it this way. It’s consistant. I drive it in slap shift all the time. I cant even remember when the last time i drove in full auto was… Hahaha I dont need it more responsive at the moment. I’m having a tough time with traction as it is right now. Next summer I’ll have my new footwork, and power and responsiveness wont be an issue after the winter. The only reason i would consider doing a swap would be to incorporate the LSD available.

I LOVE my LSD, somethin to be said about 2 black lines left on the pavement instead of one, especially from a FWD, lol. Also is wonderful in the snow. It took me a while to get used to torque steer, but now i couldn,t live without it, makes cornering 100 times easier if you use it right.

Wut? Limiters? I’ve had my car up to 245km/hr, with 2 passengers, and it the only reason I stopped was because my wife was in the back seat threatening divorce. It didn’t feel limited at all…

http://www.technosquareinc.com/altima.htm The stock speed limiter of 236 km/h (148 mph) has been removed. Sorry 148 MPH. Your smaller diameter tires Were probably giving you a wrong reading. Regardless The auto’s are goverened to 189k Which definately sucks.

Interesting … this was on the stock rims, but I could definitely see that on the aftermarket tires.

I do know that one section of that stretch of road has a gradual hill on it. I suppose the hill may have contributed to some extra momentum… given the car a little extra push maybe :confused1:

Maybe but I wouldn’t Think so. Mine even on a huge hill might hit 194-195 instead of 189. Maybe the car was running scared from the Wife screaming??? lol

Haha, well I had my brother in the front seat telling me to keep going, and my wife in the back telling me to slow the fuck down, so there was a lot of yelling!

Of course, now that I have a son, those days are pretty much behind me. I’m pretty sure I won’t be pushing those kinds of number again, so it probably isn’t even worth wondering about.

What do those guages show you? Battery voltage and awesome?
Kidding.
Nice car, it surprises me to see what you’ve done to it/how you’ve done it/in the order you’ve done it… and really, why you’ve done it. But I’ll keep that part to myself.