2008 Vipers hit the Streets

ABORT!

TARP!

First of all I am not currently in the market for either the viper or Z06. IMO the viper is king of the modern muscle cars and has been since it came out. When most people see them they notice them. When people see a vette it is not a big deal because they see them all of the time. Some people even consider a viper to be an exotic. Maybe GM should only make the z06 and not a base vette and it will jump up in status. Either way if someone gave me either car I would still be happy.

Wow… :eekdance:

If Dan’s car had a vagina…

/random thoughts…

Congratulations…? I think?

I have said this more times than I can count… Until GM stops producing the base model Vettes and caps the ZO6 production, they will NEVER, EVER be in the same class as the Viper, even if they are faster/whatever/whatever/whatever.

I could always install one…

Did someone mention Lambo? Ugh. So hot.

Dooooo itttt Dan
http://i2.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/c9/e9/6c4b_3.JPG

I could easily see myself in a z06, as a matter of fact I was heard saying I would consider buying one at some point today by more than a few people. I would NEVER own a Viper though, I like corners to much.

Dan,
Do you think in the near future they will give money off on the 08’s+?I would highly doubt it but figure it won’t hurt for me to ask.
With my GM discount a $78K Z turns into $65K+ tax= about $71K

08 Viper $85K+ Tax =$93K + a GG tax if there is one.
For the Savings of 20K I would take the Z. Just my opinion here remember.I believe they were discounting the 06’s over $10K off if I remember correctly.

Also wonder if you’ll get your 640 before I get my 430?Probably as I could never see myself shelling out $300K for a damn car.
D

Mr Fox,
If I’m not mistaken that is a gallardo? and not a 640,but could be wrong.
D

This comment alone makes you a fucking retard.

The rest of it, :blah::blah::blah:

Please, stop posting in my threads. We will get along much better. :tup:

Hey man,

Dodge has never, nor will ever discount the Vipers directly. The only thing resembling a discount you will see is that a dealer who is stuck with one in bumfuck USA may let one slide at Invoice+1000, but there is really no better of a deal than that for a new one- and certainly not 08’s, you would be LUCKY to pay sticker for one of them right now, and they are virtually all already spoken for. It is true there were a few AMAZING deals on 06’s this fall as dealers who had them sitting on the floor (insert story here) had to unload them before the 08’s came out as not to sit on the 06’s even longer. 03-06 values will soon be on the rise however as the power hungry mod-crowd scoops them up rather than the 08’s which wont be as moddable for quite a while, if ever.

08 Viper is 91K+Tax (with stripes), GG included. The ACR looks to be 99K or so w/stripes.

As for as the 430/LP640… we’ll have to wait and see on that one, all depends how things go on each of our ends. I would like to get into the Lambo Market, so its pretty high on my priority list after my new building going up…

Yep, thats a gallardo.

Figured as much,as far as the discounts.I was very, very tempted on picking up an 06 one last fall and may have even sent you a link awhile back.It was a dark gray one with chrome rims and was stunning.It was a steal too I thought at the time,but don’t remember the price now.The one big thing I like as far as a Viper over a Z is the limited depreciation factor.Damn things hold their value so well!!!As we speak I have a ACR picture hanging up at the pizzeria.
D

Am I allowed to know what GTS does for a living? Im jealous

Anyway, I love the z06 but it really can’t be in the same class as the viper. Its true when they say you CAN have to much of a good thing. Everyone sees vette and thinks, theres another, but when you see the viper or at least when I do, It really gets my attention

I think I recall you sending some info on that car.

Yes, the Vipers hold their value very well. If you put it into perspective, a PERFECT 96 blue/white will literally fetch its original STICKER! It does help that the price of the car has increased since 96, but even the current models do not really depreciate that much. Once they level out, they really dont move unless the condition/mileage changes.

I don’t think id ever buy a new vette OR viper no matter how much $$ ia made, but if i had a choice between the two id pick the viper. I don’t care who you are, if you’re on this site and aren’t a troll if you see a viper you notice it… a vette on the other hand… eh i can go to just about any Chevy dealer and see one of those.

I’m just a Honda boi tho what do i know

Ditto minus the honda boi part.