08 viper?

whats up everyone? I’v been pondering the idea of buying a new car, i originally wanted a zr1 but the best deal i got so far on that was 10k over sticker, which is a pretty good deal but im not into paying sticker, more less OVER. I love the new 600hp N/A viper and i can get a brand new one for 10K under sticker :nod so im kinda in the convincing myself to blow 90k on a new car mode. Let me know what everyone thinks… and by the way if anyone is interested in my Z06 ill take a reasonable offer. thanks Tony

They seem to handle real well and obviously its a fast car. Isn’t slower then a stock c6 zo6 though?

I’d say go for it, the new Vipers are SICK!..Especially in that metallic green w/ black stripes color scheme they come in! My boss has a silver '06 Viper w/ headers, tune and full exhaust…thing is sick. I’d say get the Viper, throw a full exhaust, and some spray! OR just go w/ the twin turbo kit :mwahaha :ninja

stock 08 viper vs. stock 08 zo6 viper wins, its when the z06 starts modding that the viper has a little trouble. The 08 viper response awesome to full exhaust, 60rwhp gains, making around and alittle above 600rwhp w/ exhaust only.

would you get the drop top opr coupe one?

i think if you can wait it out a bit i’d go with the zr1.

coupe only! i HATE verts.

woo. do want you man, just don’t regret it.

i’d go with the bluey zr1.

Nice. If you’re bored with the Vette go for it.

haha im not really bored, im just a car fanatic and i’v kinda been eyein those cars up for the last year and w/ the way the economy is, now might be the time to pull the trigger. Its a big decission to me though, so i wanna think it throught good. I love my z06 and i would be realllly disappointed if i missed the z that bad, and jumped wayyy farther in debt, how ever chevy is flooding the market w/ z’s and it seems like i never see vipers, more less a new one so idk, maybe its time for the swap.

That’s exactly what I was going to say; You don’t see too many Vipers, if any at all, that’s why I like them over the Corvette because way more people have Corvettes

hmm Tough call!

http://www.neviperclub.org/video/VCA%20-%20OCC%20-%202008.wmv
I went to viper day in Sept at OCC in my brothers viper, vipers are just a notch above in look and style, probably below in quality just a little. Raw muscle. If I buy a factory car next, thats it.

C6 is more refined, less cool and less style. Viper mods are mosre costly and as are parts, and it doenst fell good by principle. Do it.

I got a ride in a 06 or 07 Viper a few years ago around an auto x type of track, it really is an amazing car. Seemed very neutral and the power numbers speak for themselves. If I were to ever get a viper I’d get an 02-ish GTS coupe, I just LOVE that styling. But you seem to have enough money to get the newer one, so I don’t blame you ;D

G/L with your choice.

Wait for the Z06. The Viper is discountinued and Dodge’s future is a bit sketchy.

What sparked this kinda talk was that Cerberus, owners of Chrysler and Dodge, the company that builds Vipers, are feeling heat in all sorts of strange places, no thanks mainly to the inept Chrysler Sebring. The Sebring is a relatively new car, but reviews and sales have been conspiring against it. Management at Chrysler is exceptionally keen to redress Sebring problems as soon as possible, but of course these measures come at a cost. It is then said that these costs would be recouped from the discontinuation of Viper. Also the Viper is quite steeply priced at USD85,000 base. Rumours true or false?

We honestly don’t really know at this point in time, although our sources are often reliable. A more sensible case would be to “downgrade” the Viper brand so to speak, in this sense pull a Porsche by creating a smaller, more appealing sports car that will bring in the sales and revenue numbers for Dodge. Perhaps Cerberus bosses are already thinking this way, and maybe yes, by 2011 we could see a different type of snake coming out of Dodge floor rooms.

if you don’t get the arc model, u suck at life.

^ (in reply to Jammer)

Been there, done that ;D

Enter the Dodge Demon concept of 2006 (or 2007, can’t remember)

http://www.thetorquereport.com/dodge_demon_fr-thumb.jpg

I personally love the idea, but hate the styling. If Chrysler had a decent 6 cylinder to go off of it would work great in a car like this. Maybe add the VQ37HR into the Nissan cars=>Dodge cars, Dodge trucks=>Nissan trucks deal that will be complete in 2010? :ponder :nod

that looks like a s2k with a wider body in the rear and the ugly dodge grill…FAIL :idiots

Drive it before you buy it…

You don’t need it for the winter anyway, why not get a slightly used ZR1 in the spring for 1000’s off?

No, the Dodge Demon is fucking gay, and get the Nissan talk out of here.