2012 Camaro ZL1

give it another 2 yrs when gm intro,s the new d.o.h.c setup . in n/a form lololol no blower needed to hurt the blue oval boys

About time they go DOHC

you must of misspoke about the fail part for the Camaro

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40913742/ns/business-autos/

1st generation. SS was like all Chevy SSs, available with a number of engine and transmission combinations from 290hp 327 small block V8 to the 375hp 396 big block V8. The limited number of COPO ZL1 all aluminum 427 big block at over 500hp was extremely rare. You had to know somebody close to corporate to order one. A few companies like Yenko or Baldwin Motion could do this at a cost.
The Z28 was available only with the 302 small block, and like wise the 302 was only available in the Z28. Rated at 290 hp with dual 4 barrel holley carbs and mechanical lifter valve train. A muncie 4 speed was standard equipment as well as limited slip differential and heavy duty suspension. This model was built specifically for SCCA Trans Am series that had a displacement limit of 305". Other models built for SCCA competition were AAR Cuda, Challenger TA, Boss 302, and of course the Firebird Trans Am. Only the Mustang and Camaro made the displacement requirement in street form.

In my opinion. ZL1 should be the LSA. It can be a heavy beast cause it has the power to back it up. SS is a solid middle ground creature comforts with decent power. The Z28 shoud be a stripped down racers model. Light weight and only available with a manual trans. Save us some money and weight and build us a little sleeper. It could even have the steel wheels like the V6 model.

I thought they were going to try direct injection on the pushrod motor first. Either way I know there is a new LS based engine on the drawing boards after ford dropped that 5.0 GT bomshell. Also there is talk of a 6th gen camaro with significant weight savings and decreased girth.

that would be nasty…

Jesus that charger srt8 is ugly as shit.

That Chargers father had a one night stand with a Japanese chick…her name was Mitsubishi Evolution. No rubberz were worn evidently…

I saw this ZL1 online yesterday too. I am really interested depending on price. If its around $50K +/- I would entertain getting one. Close to $60K and you are in Corvette GS territory. Time to start saving nickles and dimes…

Today it’s not just about big power, but also keeping some sort of reasonable fuel milage. The 6.2 with the Eaton SC is going to be much more efficient then a 7.0 LS7

Dodge Evolution lmao… They fucked up… The doors look dumb too…

Iirc, the 7.0’s are pulling high 20’s low 30’s on the highway, not too shabby imo!

Yup, they outsold the 2010 model mustang. With that said, any person with an ounce of knowledge in the market for a new mustang waited for the 2011 model to cone out, for obvious reasons. I’d like to see the numbers again after this year has passed.

wrong.

you should even know this. Its all over SVT. Even when the 2011 mustangs came out, Camaro’s still out sold them. Dont make me post the evidence from your very own kind…

They do get reasonably good milage especially considering the displacement and performance. The other side of the coin is there are more components in common with the LSA 6.2 and the regular 6.2 then the 7.0 plus the LS7 is a Z06 vette exclusive so far.

this car is stupid i hate all new camio’s…call me old fashioned, i thought a 3400lb car was a boat anchor, i thought wrong, and they made yet another model, prbly heavier due to the added weight of a blower:facepalm

Much rather have an older camaro than the new ones.

At the end of the day, I really don’t care what sold more, the GT is a far superior car in almost every aspect, and that’s what matters. Hell, camrys sell like hotcakes :lol

The Mustang has been outselling the Camaro for over 40 years! Its about time they actually outsell the Mustang for one of them! That won’t last too long!

this is exactly why mine isn’t going anywhere anytime soon…

I did see 1, and about only 1 new camio that I liked, and that was Livernois’ built to the hilt blown and drag-packed maroon one, that thing looked mean as shit!