27 dead in school shooting

What would be the argument with this? Seems reasonable and prudent…

Someone would have to clearly define the conditions that would preclude an individual from owning a firearm, meaning basically that they’d have to diagnose people with “potentially homicidal wacko” stamp. This shooter supposedly had Aspengers, which in US is considered a social disorder, while some other countries link it to Schizophrenia. Schizophrenics are often violent, which is also a whole another can of worms. Furthermore if someone was diagnosed and precluded from owning a gun, the rational thing to do would be to institutionalize them so they don’t hurt others by other means. That’s an even bigger can of worms. Anti-gun advocates would never agree to institutionalize and/or forcibly medicate people.

I don’t really want to be a part of the buying spree but i feel like picking up an ar is in my best interest right now.

but thats the thing.

Even if you get your permit you two are working on, you practicly have to blow the judge in your county to get it CC. And its my understanding is thats only valid to carry in said county. Or am I wrong? If I am right, you either never leave d-burg, or have to suck alot of judge dick to have the right to POTENTIALLY protect yourself elsewhere.

AND, the letter of the law still bends you over dry if you could CC, got jumped by armed robbers, and successfully protected yourself.

Its a three link chain. Legally own the pistol, Allow to have it on your person at all times, Allow to use it appropraitly without facing criminal reprocussions.

One weak link and shits not going to work. Sure you might be alive, and you may have protected others, but your ass is still in jail for being a hero.

Your cc is valid in all of ny except for the city. If dburg is Schenectady County it is easier there than albany.

I guess I was miss-informed then. It did seem a bit far fetched being county to county when I was told it.

thanks for clearing that up for me. :number1

No problem

It is only valid in like less than ten other states though. No other state is valid in nys. Kind of a bummer.

So happy I got my permit a few years back. Good luck getting one now.

Took 9 months back in 06’, can’t imagine what it would take in Albany County now. (Alb county was like a 14 month wait back then)

I have mine through Rensselaer, but it’s good statewide minus NYC. Judge McGrath FTW.

so remember the batman conspiracy theory… well heres a bit more interesting info

FOR SALE: TWO PRE-BAN MAGS*

*pre-ban 10rd mags: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/cuomo-working-tougher-gun-laws-state-article-1.1224026

I also read at wnyt there’s talks he wants to make existing pre ban mags illegal as well.

Good thing I lost all of mine in a tragic boating accident.

Have a terrible feeling about all of this.

Looks like they’re determined to slowly but surely get rid of everything besides hunting rifles and shotguns.

Then they’d get rid of those too.

“It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation, and the possession. Not retroactively, but prospectively. It will ban the same for big clips, drums or strips of more than 10 bullets,” she said. “There will be a bill.”

Remember Congress still has to pass this bill.

We WILL have a ban/bill of some type but Senator Feinsteins proposal also exempts 900 firearms. I wouldn’t panic until you read a final bill that has a date that it goes in effect.

I don’t get it. It will ban possession prospectively?
So then everyone that had one of those guns before the ban is enacted becomes in violation, that’s not gonna fly.

Pandemonium in yahoo comments.
http://news.yahoo.com/nras-sandy-hook-press-conference-224954239.html

“It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession, not retroactively, but prospectively,” and ban the sale of clips of more than ten bullets, Feinstein said. “The purpose of this bill is to get… weapons of war off the streets.”

Meaning you’re in the clear if you bought it before the ban, just like the 1994 ban. I’m curious to know what in the Christ could be 900 exemptions? That’s a lot. Some or most are probably for federal officers or police etc. but still, 9-fucking-hundred?

Reading the comments the lawmakers are making is obvious they think a firearm can only take one magazine, they apparently haven’t grasped the concept you can carry more than one 10 round mag and still fire the same amount of rounds.

“Clips of 10 bullets”. LOL. It’s a magazine and bullets won’t do shit without powder, casing, and primer.