Acura RSX Opinions

My lil’ brother is looking for a new car and he has his eye on an RSX Type S. He found one in his price range but it has 105K on the clock.

What do you guys think of these cars as far as reliability, durability, quality?
I know its Honda and should last many more miles, but 100k on any car scares me.

have a compression test done on it, maybe even a oil pressure test?

Mine has 76k and is doing well. I could use new struts, but overall, I still love it.

DAmN son, 105K that hurts on a 02 and up. Can you say highway miles. Although it is a Honda product so in that case, I give it :tup: :tup: . Do it if the price isn’t costly.

I think you have to consider who has been driving it. :slight_smile:

Many times RSX’s are driven like complete crap. Hence the reason I didn’t buy an Integra or Civic. :wink:

true i noticed this the other day…you either have hondas(integras/RSXs) being beaten into the ground by 16y.o. D.K.s or either driven immaculately by old women who get routine maitenance and services done correctly and on time and have no body blemishes at all…

…make sure it is the latter.

Where do I fit in? I often drive it hard, but have it maintained regularly and don’t drive it in the winter.

You are in the same category I am in. I would buy a car from me.

The car seems to have been well cared for. I’m not sure who the original owner is, but that would play a huge roll in deciding if the car was kosher or not.

good engine, looks kinda silly.

i wouldn’t buy a car from me.

Certainly not a black STi anyway.

It will run for a long while.

how much is the car?

$10,000

ok theres a guy here at work and I think he’s trying to sell his as well, though his has about 80k miles on it and its a silver 6 speed type-S. I can check on price if you’re interested.

Definately, let me know.

On the job…

You’ve also gotta consider how much driving your brother does. A car with 105k for someone that drives 5k a year is not the same purchase as it would be for someone who drives 35k per year.

True. I’d say he does about the national average. 12k or so a year. He commutes to UB from Alden daily. Everything else is relatively close. I can’t remember how far it is from Alden to UB. I never had a car with a working odometer in college.

Depending on the owner, I wouldn’t shy away from a 105k RSX-S. Although 10,000 seems a bit steep. You could probably find one with lower mileage for that price. He oughta look at Celica GTS’s too. As far as I can tell, they’re the same car. Hi-revving, low-torque, hi-horsepower, FWD, well-built, small coupe with a 6 speed stick at about the same price point.

Oh good call. I was trying to think of other 4 cylinder manual coupes. He also like Imprezas.