Anyone watch "How its Made"?

what u use for Carbon Fiber, they make Cellos out of it. Edit thx for the spelling Dirtye30

cellos

Love that show.

i made a skateboard deck and longboard deck out of it, along with a knife.

i love CF.

but yes hows it made rules.

Awesome show.

best show on tv.

It is an amazing show.
The … I can’t think of the name.
But the dude that talks the whole time gets kind of irritating after watching a few episodes back to back.

[narrator perhaps?]

Tonight at 1am, Disc channel, show called “Smash lab” , showing how they’re gonna use a type of carbon fiber on a house to make it hurricane proof, could be interesting.

and yes, How it’s made, made in America, and there’s one other show like it, all friggin rock.

Edit: roots= The Reading Rainbow, only reason I watched that show. I still remember how they made Crayola crayons and marbles :slight_smile:

^ and chalk, that was cool

how its made, on direct tv = i enjoy this show every night.

The HJ3 CF too :tup: Then stick it at the ass end of a 737 and ramp up the engines. Discovery > .

Great show. I also like “some assembly required” or some shit.

i hope they try to make the house and roof 1 piece. that will be funny to watch.

They laminated a mobile home.
Then they shot 2x4s at it with an air cannon while hitting it with 170 mph winds.

The house, not surprisingly, just rolled away :lol:

So they proved that if you own a mobile home and layer it with $35K in carbon fiber, you’ll still have a mobile home covered in $35K of carbon fiber.

Don’t waste your time with smash lab, it’s such a wank show…

It is pretty bad. But I can’t really stand to watch Mythbuster much either, there is so much bad “science” it hurts my head. Smash lab is like getting to the point, just blow shit up, stop trying to pad it with the auspices that you are performing some kind of scientific experiment not designed entirely for amusement.

I love all those shows. Building it Big etc.

Another good one is MegaWorld, also love Ultimate Factories.

haha reading rainbow, i remember the crayons also

I just watched Smash Lab for the first time last night. They were trying to come up with a method of using aerated concrete as a protective barrier on highways. It occurred to me why this doesn’t already exist: it’s a single-use application which ends up being expensive. Why not a sand pit instead? It’ll slow the sleeping / drunk driver down enough to limit the damage, AND it can be swept back in place. I’m pretty sure our supply of sand is less limited than our supply of cement—easier to make, too.