Carbon Fiber Whores.

Carbon Fiber - everybody loves it, everybody wants it, few people have it and and a very small group go extreme with it (Beats down payment on a house :confused )

The parts made it to the scene by being functional and helping reduce weight in body panels of the car without sacrificing structural integrity. In recent years however it’s unique visual element has made it a new trend and companies offer everything made from carbon fiber material, and people will pay big bucks for the parts that offer little benefit in return.

CF whores know you’re on here somewhere. :ninja

Elliot and his car alone could fill this thread, but I’m curious to see some of the carbon goodies you guys can find. Lips, fenders, interior pieces, wheels, unique pieces and entire cars are all fair game.

CF NSX

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/wide_body_conversion/JGTC-Series/images/CFfront%5B1%5D.jpg

CF riveted fender flares.

:cool

I want to do flares like that! :rofl

anybody really good with photoshop? I wanna see what it’ll look like.

Exposed CF is soooo '01.

People paint their shit now

haha

It’d look like shit your car is not roundish enough

http://www.carzi.com/wp-content/uploads/6sporz.jpg

how much are those rims and what sizes do they come in? i think i just fell in love.

Carbon fiber is good if you really need to reduce weight in your car… putting it on for pure looks is FTL, imo. :ponder

/agree

i only like hints of carbon, like shifter… or a face plate, maybe a trunk/hood on a 2 tone matching car, but no one needs carbon fiber everything.

someone post up pics of a full carbon fiber car that gets wrecked. should be interesting to see how all the carbon pieces hold up. :lol

rofl.

a friend of mine has an old R1 with a carbon and kevlar kit on it… fenders, tank, all fairings, light panel

might be sick on a bike, i love 1 tone bikes…

saw some sort of a debadged, lowered, 10" rear tires, chromed out/maroon metallic paint litre bike w/ no exhaust just a dump tube on western yesterday. looks INSANE. his rear tires was a drag radial… had to be wider than my cars.

the bike is army green now. has to have been about 5-6 years since it was up here.

These days it’s getting harder and harder to be unique, and having a carbon fiber theme on your car (everything in carbon) used to be the solution, but now days it’s a common practice.

And remember. There is a difference in the REAL carbon fiber and the carbon fiber that you see on most cars. The “carbon fiber” hoods that you see on most cars are not “true” carbon fiber. They are a layer or two of carbon fiber over “fiber” glass. A HUGE difference. Actually I don’t think I have ever seen a true carbon fiber hood on a car except at a car show once.

Swifty-

If you really want to go with the risk of running cf wheels I wouldn’t go with any other wheel except one in the Dymag series of CF wheels…

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/index.php?t=WheelDetail&id=212

I wanna get CF panels on my Z31, simply to redeuce the weight, anyone who knows about the car or has seen it knows shes a pig… and it wouldent look to good haveing random carbon fiber parts but it would reduece weight greatly. simply the only “effective” carbon fiber panels I can buy for my car is the hood, front fenders, front bumper and hatch, everything else is for looks and simply adds weight. It wouldent look appealing but it would free around ~100 or so lbs. and they say for every 100lbs you shave off your car thats a 10th of a second in the quarter. In my car it would deffinately make a differance.

The only way im going to get these pieces thou is when my friend dave leaves for japan in 4 weeks to teach japanese students, because the company prodeaur doesnt ship to the US. so i have 2 years if I really want to do it. Not to mention they have a lot of performance goodies you cant get here for my car

that nsx is a shame :frowning:

my t-tops are true carbon, all the way through.

got carbon seats in the bathroom
http://media.truckblog.com/ai/2006/652.jpg

:rofl

ok that toilet seat is fuckin pwnage