Carbon Fiber Guys Enter Here

Ok, so I am looking into doing A LOT of carbon fiber to the del sol. but I do not want the shit cf that fades etc. Who knows of good companies out there that do not make crap cf that cracks easy and fades?

it all cracks and fades if left in the sun, or ran over by a truck.
vis and siebon are the only 2 that come to mind.
dont waste money on stupid shit like that…get your engine done.

yeahhhh boy! rice her out :tup:

thats not in my hands, its out getting built now, I am just waiting and working on other things but I am getting the car painted in the summer so I am trying to piece together the body parts that I want to cf.

vis, seibon, carbon creations, invidia

all make cf products

AKAIK you can apply better clear coats or base / clear to prevent fading.

Seibon and VIS are econo-carbon

all CF fades/yellows…

i have a vorsteiner trunk… faded in some areas (due to a shit layup)

the trick is to put a couple of layers of a UV stable clear coat over top… it slows down the yellowing dramatically

dont want to rice her out, I need to put that fat pig on a diet, the del sol VTEC is heavier then most civics of those years. And all the carbon fiber is going to be painted so I am not worried about the fading as much but the cracking.

lol bills hood on his hatch is exactly what you do not want to happen

my hood is fiberglass… why not just do that instead of wasting thousands of dollars on carbon fiber just to paint over it?

i sold him that, but he is just using it for racing so its great, but I am looking for hood, trunk, top roof, rear plate piece, its all going to be painted to it will look :snky:

never thought of that honestly, might think about that too

+1 My hood is fiberglass. Stock one weighs close to 50 lbs, mine weighs 12 :wink:

just go fiberglass.
your going to spend a goddman fortune on the truck and roof.
if you can even find them.
is 3grand really worth saving 200 pounds??

yeah a cf trunk for my car is like 750$… not really worth the weight savings imo

buy cf and have it cleared over again with good clear coat

no its not if your really going to spend all that money to run 2tenths low of a 1/4 mile time than you need to get your head examined…
run an extra pound of boost for free andy

x’s 2 andy if your going to paint it anyways then get fiberglass.

isn’t a gym membership cheaper andy =)

or banging your sister, oh wait nevermind, waka waka