Carbon Fiber

I was thinking of getting Carbon fiber hood and trunk for my s13, but not sure where to start. Which company is best? I seriously need carbon fiber trunk since under my (Sponge Spoiler) is full of rust holes. lol … not sure what they were thinking when they were making a sponge spoiler tbh. Guess they didnt think it would soak up the rain. Fuckin idiots haha …
But is there anything i should know about carbon fiber besides that it fades after awhile?

the stock tt 300zx has a spounge spoiler and it doesnt soak up anywater.

really? damn… well it seems to soak up a shit load of water on my car since theres a bunch of rust holes underneath the spoiler… meh all i know is that i would rather not have a spoiler made out of a sponge… maybe their way to try and reduce weight to the car lol

ya it does it warps and has cracks… lol maybe you’ve only seen nice 300sx’s lol.

carbon fiber trunk = stuff being stolen out of your trunk
unless you get those weird locking pins.

there are certain cf trunks that still allow you to use your stock lock on your stock trunk. if you want cheap and decent quality, no one is gonna beat seibon. however quality and fitment isnt the best. but unless you’re gonna go to any car shows this would be a good option for you.

Just go with FRP and paint it. The ‘carbon fiber’ stuff sold is basically just frp overlayed with carbon fiber material… the dry carbon stuff costs 2000-ish… and it’s mostly unheard of except amongst race teams and rich people who know a thing or two. Basically you’re gona spend double the price for that ‘carbon fiber look’ lol… so just get FRP and save your money, save weight AND save your money, be smart…

I 've been looking at frp body panels for my s13 for quite some time, found nothing. Where have you seen 240sx frp parts?

Well im looking into the same thing, but my problem is I don’t want to pay 400$ for shipping chargers or something gay like that. Is there anywhere in the London/Toronto area where I can go and pick it up and order it from them?

You can’t use a glass window in the carbon piece, might not be true for a frp unit but I think it is. You have to run Lexan, and it’s illegal on the street.