Attention all Pittspeed members

Just wanted to give you all a preview of what you’ll be seeing all summer

Is that a volvo?

i always like to see pictures of taillights. i normally see headlights in my rearview, thanks

Does it finally run?

The trunklid is crooked (or bumper & R taillight).

What is that goofy shit on the roof ?

lsx sick

yawn

I love the 3 series, my m3 has taking a beating from me to say the least and a shit ton of bottles run through it and it drives like a dream everyday, nice car should be fun if what steve says is true

you show me your ass all the time

If I showed you the front you would end up pregnant again

WEEEEEEEE!!!
WOOOOOHOOOO!!!
OH SHIT!! OH SHIT!!!
BOOOOOM!!!
^^^Summer of 2010 Cliffs notes^^

look into this front subframe brace. they were used on e36 convertibles and z3’s. good upgrade for any e36.— http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-OEM-e36-X-Brace-Crossmember-Z3-M3-328i-325i-318i_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5637fb581cQQitemZ370306406428QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

call around local salvage yards to try and find it. should be able to scoop it up for 50-100 bucks used.

also, look into reinforcing the rear diff cross member. this is a common failure point for cars that are tracked. Although i dont expect to see this car at beaver run, i do expect it to cut some bad ass 60 times. with that said, you will be straining the points that fail by launching the car.— http://store.bimmerworld.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=bimmerworl&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=243938624&Count2=161079049&ProductID=541&Target=products.asp

i got some drag suspension ideals too. if you get to that point let me know. i’d like to set up the chassis for drag. a lot of the bmw “drag” setups i have seen have left a lot on the table w/ bad weight transfer on shifts. id really like to set the suspension, corner scale/align a bmw for drag.

Nice find on that brace

318is?

…or 357is?

I would love to try some autocrossing with it. In the long run it will eventually get a solid axle. The main goal is to keep it more of a daily driver tho, but we’ll see.

imo no need for a solid axle. if by chance you kill a 3 series diff, go to a 5 or 7 series setup. i dont see you killing enough 3 series rears though to warrant the swap. i know they are a lot stronger than 240 diffs, and we had no problem running 800 to the wheels through one of them.

if you are going to autocross–then deffinitely get those weld in braces and the bolt in front. id be more apt to get the rears though. do some searches–thats the weak link on those cars.

Yeah that bolt is is cheap enough but I don’t know how it would fit with the motor.

Looks like a roll racer!

x2. doesn’t look like you will hook very well on those tires.

and it needs more than one bolt on.