Bennyfizzle's dicktone 318i build thread.

:lol

X2

Did a little winter time bumper modding…

The problem:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/bennyfizzle/0113082252a.jpg

You can see here that my replica bumper does not have any material on the back side of the lip, making it hard to find a pre-fabbed underpanel (JTD/OEM/any others that mount to an oem style bumper), so what is one to do if they want to run an underpanel to keep the front of the motor clean/free of debris and clean up the air under the front bumper? (Nevermind the rust stains, god damn chinese nose panels-I’ll have a new OEM one painted and installed before spring.)

Solution A:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/bennyfizzle/0113082244a.jpg

A simple pre-cut sheet of Alumalite cut to contour with the front bumper and act a as a splitter, and serves as you can see in the pic as an underpanel. This was made by a bimmerforums member, and came cut somewhat shoddily, and not having the required tools to cut it appropriately i mounted it with self tapping screws and hoped for the best…well, it was fairly even on the front, and went past the sway bar so it rubbed pretty bad, which you can see in the pic as well. This didn’t fly as it wasn’t perfect, and it didn’t help that i kept getting asked ‘is that made of cardboard?’ :banghead:

Solution B:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/bennyfizzle/0113082335.jpg

Hopefully the final solution, this is the MaxVelocity Evo1 Splitter mounted to my replica bumper, it was a decent fit, I kind of had to force a few of the pre-existing holes on the bumper to line up with the splitters holes, but that’s only because they were drilled my the previous owner of my car, as the car came to me with a MV Hardcore splitter, which shares the same basic mounting points with the newer Evo1.

You BMW guys are nuts.

hahahah
that max velocity is a nice piece, but in no time it’ll as a broken pile of shit. that thing is lower than my reiger cup. lemme know when you need some plastic welding done benny. ;D

BMW’s and replica parts ::slight_smile: :shifty

Dont drag the rest of us into this.

Roman @ MV makes awesome stuff, sometimes too good. I haven’t bought any of his new Evo splitters like this one since if you’re going fast enough to hack it off on something, it’ll take the whole bumper cover/wheel well liners/etc with it. Tractor trailer tire debris took out my old MV stuff, be careful Benny.

Dont let people hate on your alumalite setup. I have a sheet in my room ready to trim.

The original BMW splitter is over $1400 and weighs a butt ton. Replica parts all the way.

It was a joke… :wave

I know. ;D I still feel the need to defend my cheapness sometimes. The Keeler parts guys love me.

This is why i’m doing something that i’ve seen on JDM drift dvds, they actually mount they’re bumpers with 1/4" zip ties so if they hit something the bumper rips off clean, maybe gets scraped up but for the most part intact, that’s how they get away running so hard and staying slammed.

I’m going to use zipties for where it mounts to the fenders, and only a couple of those stock butt plugs along the bumper support.

Oh, and if you want some alumalite i have a huge piece about, oh, idk the size of an e36 bumper and then some if you want it.

However i HAVE been thinking about some things i could do with it…

Oh, and this splitter is amazing, worlds better than the MV Hardcore that came on my car, i can seriously grab one side and twist it against the other…

maybe i should ditch my reiger for a m.v. then…

benny, i’ll probably take the alu. off you if you don’t want it.

i need to come up with quick release for my bumper too, i’m just so tied down with other projects right now. :sleep

Fixed ;D

Fuck. every time i look at it i have visions of being pulled over on 787 with this thing hanging off my bumper and thousands of pieces scattered across the highway causing more accidents, or just ripping it off pulling in my driveway :idiots

Im scared.

the one thing that bugs me about the way the car’s stance is the rear bumper.

any future plans for a different bumper? It looks like its jacked up, even though I can clearly distinguish that its not

Not sure what you mean, but no, no plans for the rear, unless some company comes out with a really spiffy over priced rear diffuser that does nothing but looks super badass, then i might be tempted :rofl

You mean from the rear or side?

I guess i can see what you mean, but e36’s have a higher trunk than hood, so it will always have that raked appearance…

edit:
damn, now that you point it out the rear bumper DOES look totally out of place :rofl

hmmmm…

it’ll look like that even moreso once the splitter’s mounted…

hmmmmmm…

You ever mod the e36 in forza 2? ya know that bumper that the game designers made up that doesnt really exist, i think it’s the only option actually, it just brings the part of the bumper that meets the wheel well down further/more outward to continue the fender arch further down?

yeah i want that now :frowning:

i’ll tell you what… get me a scrap bumper, and i’ll do some plastic welding on yours, and you’ll have that.

seriously though, you do know that reiger makes a rear diffuser right? pretty sure they aren’t the only tuner either. :wow

Benny, get coils and drop the rear. It’ll make the bumper look sexy time.

what?

I have coilovers, but they’re not ride height adjustable in the rear (H&R’s) i could just take out the spring pad, but i like my stance in all honesty…

maybe when i upgrade to a set of real coilvers, have you ever seen the spring rates on these?

it’s like 435lbs on all four corners=pussy.

I like the fender stripes with the CF hood. Reminds me of a facory team LeMans car or something. Just gives it a little flare of road racing herritage. It is your car so its all about you. I’d take it with or without stripes.