Do we have any E36 BMW guys?

So I’m finally getting around to doing something special with my 1997 M3 sedan.

Built Engine: Thinking VAC turbo cams, M5X JE forges pistons 9:1, forged rods and fresh bearings. Should I keep the Vanos? Thoughts on that? Maybe a slight port on the head.

N55 6 speed swap… or should I keep the 420 trans I’ve had sitting in my barn?

Wheels need some dope wheels to set the car off right. I’m thinking something with a gold face lol.

Turbo kit: Probably going to go with the 22rpd kit with flex fuel. This will allow me to run E85 and control the boost to lower levels if I have to run 93 for some reason.

1 Like

Is it currently stock? If so, maybe try to keep it that way? :thinking:

@bing ?

Dude don’t be old. The car is bolt ons, but had the dreaded oil pump nut ejecto. I turned off the engine but I’m sure the bearings got scored. I’m at the point in my life where I can do the things I want and I always wanted a quick m3. I’ve put 100k+ miles on this car and owned it for 15 years and it’s finally time to make her shine. I’d rather build a bmw engine for it verse put in an ls1 but I can do that too lol

1 Like

lol the old person in me is thinking value of restored factory cars.

But I’m also down to see a build thread :+1:

i say go overboard.

1 Like

Can you guys add a thumbs down next to the heart because this post desperately needs it.

1 Like

Yeah, so I’m just starting to compile the project. I think I have an idea what to do. I need to find an engine shop that’ll rebuilt the engine with some forged pistons and rods, toss some new springs and turbo cams in the head, put that all together for me. Then I’ll order the turbo kit and start putting it back together. Upgraded oil pump and bottom end girdle to help support the mains.

I currently have the front end off the car, engine and trans are ready to come out.