wtb m3 parts

i bought a 95 M3, im looking for an intake and exhaust, or if someone has a nice dual tip muffler , like magnaflow, borla, something of the sort ill take that and make my own exhaust, i know its a long shot but figured id try

i may still have a cat back. If i do it is at my old work. so let me look into it.

for intake, just go buy the k&n drop in filter. trust me, keep the stock air box. cone just adds noise and heat soaks.

what are your plans w/ the car?

i took it to the track last night, i started out at a 14.8 and got it down to a 14.4, thats bone stock so i dont think its to bad. i wanted to do intake exhaust and a small shot of nitrous before next wed. hopefully get into the 13’s then im just gonna scrape together some money and either do a active autowerkes turbo kit or dinan supercharger, if you have that exhaust let me know ill def take it

Nice! Post up some pics!

:eek3:

I have a can of sauerkraut left over from mine

hey zex do you have a nitrous kit? i have some pics its filthy in the pics but nice car

haha u can see my lil pittbull charlie in the car

{14212}{14242}I need NOS.
{14255}{14308}-I need NOS.|-No.
{14312}{14379}My car topped out at 140 miles per hour,|this morning.
{14381}{14486}Amateurs don’t use nitrous oxide. I’ve|seen how you drive. You’ve a heavy foot.
{14506}{14580}-You’ll blow yourself to pieces.|-I need one of these.
{14587}{14667}One of the big ones.|Actually, let’s make it two.
{14680}{14731}And, Harry, I need it by tonight.

so if you are going to go turbo or do some forced induction mods, i wouldnt dump a penny into it. turbo will negate everything you are buying now, and the supercharger will want a nice header cat back. granted, do shit on the cheap. your 1/4 times seem to eb on par w/ stock m3’s. usually around low 14’s high 13’s.

if i still have that catback, ill let you know. should know on saturday.

there is alot of shit out there for your bmw. when i was looking into turboing my z3 for drag use, i was looking all over for stuff. looking at alot of the bmw setups that are running good times, they are killing themselves w/ suspension setup. I had an ideal to use some domestic q a1 race shocks/springs to take the see-saw out of every shift and to get the bitch to hook harder and go straight.

tranny wise, that seems to be a iffy area. dont see people breaking them, but no one has yet to really abuse them by loading up the car and putting some sub 1.4 60ty’s down. I have road racers blow up trannys, so i know they can go. i was on the fence w/ using the 3 series auto tranny. it is the 4l30e, the baby tranny to the camaro 4l60e. thats right, a gm tranny is in a bmw :slight_smile:

turbo “kit” wise-- since you are obd1, you are set and can play w/o emission consequences. check out 666 fabrication. they make a nice bottom mount turbo manifold. i was going to run that, as for the amount of time/parts they have into making one, not worth my time to make it myself.

management, people were prom burning obd1 ecu’s. would be a good way to go if you were close to the people. i had intentions of a standalone.

rear end wise, there was 1 better suited for drag rear end assembly than what you have iirc. i wanna say the ideal oem setup w/ lsd i found was 4.38’s. been a while since i researched all this shit. wanna say it was out of a 93/94 range 4 cylinder 3 series.

if the rear ends or half shafts start to pop, move from a 3 series up to 5 or 7 series shit. as the shafts are definably beefier and everything could be made to fit.

i did a lot of legwork when planning my project out. actually had the financial backing too. shit fell through though when import drag went bust. wanted to make a srwd car.

got a super sprint exhaust for sale 150 bux and supercharger that needs rebuiltfr cheap all from a 93 328is

thanks a shitload for the help, really my ideal goal before winter is to just break into the 13’s then im thinking of gettin serious with it. ive also got a civic im trying to build to so im not sure which one is going to wait yet. ive had alot of problems finding turbo kits or stuff for the m3 in a reasonable price range, but im still reseraching def lemme know about the exhaust, i figured id just do intake exhaust and nitrous before winter to get into 13s, i was told to try the rearend out of a 5 series for better gearing, and everything else is a mystery to me still i need to do alottt more research. do you know anything about nitrous on these cars? what the fuel pump is good to and when i would need to change and start taking timing out, or how much i could run without taking any out

i built an exhaust for m3 i can prob build you one competitively priced over new/used ones for those cars. just be careful with those cars 95 seems like a bastard year. i would say if gonna spend that much money on forced induction i would just throw a domestic motor in there. it will make more power and cheaper in long run. price out a replacement motor and trans for M3

It definitely is - tons of bugs.

There was something wrong with the valves/head that we never had a problem with. They also make 20 less hp that 96-99

Nice!

my exhaust that i had is gone. got junked.