project early e30 coming to life....

well, not sure if you remember but this car has been forsale numerous times here on nyspeed by a buddy of mine bret. The car was torn to pieces and needed to be parted or scrapped. I agreed to take the car on for a decent price and planned on just parting it out for myself. However once i took delivery of it i just didnt have the heart, being the bmw enthusiast that i am.

here is the mod list of when i bought the car.:

clutchnet clutch/pressure plate
Control arms/ball joints
Outter tie rods
inner tie rods
bilstein sport
eibach springs
strut mounts (front and rear)
brake lines/fuel lines
oem calipers/pads/brembo plain rotors
water pump
timing belt kit
cometic .120 mls head gasket
metric blues
IS manifold and TB
cometic complete gasket kit
rebuilt steering rack
Sportmax 502 wheels and sumitomo tires ( black/chrome lip)
3.73 lsd

now since ive owned it ive ditched the eibach springs and went with a coilover set with higher spring rates and shortened shocks so i can get this thing LOW. So now there are shortened bilsteins up front with shorter adjustable koni’s out rear. With the new lower compression ration from the cometic headgasket that i installed i may have to slap a small turbo on this thing soon. I also have an M50 motor lined up and all my old m52 internals lying around as well to make this thing even better.

Paint will be flat white when painted in a couple weeks.

I know the wheels are played out but they came with the car and i think they look OK.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/turbociv/downsized_0904000203.jpg

car appears to be runnin strong so far now that i installed a new DME, and cleaned out the IACV. this shall be a fun winter beater.:slight_smile:

A HUGE thanks to xklibur9 for hooking me up with his vast e30 knowledge and cheap e30 parts to get this POS runnin again.:tup: And thanks to psycopjv for letting me punch him in the sack when im pissed.:smiley:

anytime sweetie!

considering this car was so close to being up in flames soooo many times, It actually looks pretty cool.

Looks pretty badass just the way it is.

X…

fuck yes!!!

Nice!

subscribed… hows the turbo car running these days?

Me likey!

Love it.

this vs newman… do it

I’d rock it as is!

Cool, let me know if you need anything, my warehouse has a bunch of e30s, m50s and m52’s, as well as a few e36m3s (all s5x’s are gone though). We’ve done 24v swaps as well. I highly recommend the eyeball arms for exhaust clearance, and eBay headers are decent for how cheap they are if you run a 24v n/a at all (m20s suck, it would take a lot of money to get it to m50 status and you’d still have 12 valves and solid lifters, and considerably worse fuel consumption).

yea, im not realy sure what i wanna do yet. It seams to be runnin great the way it is and i got access to a m50 motor complete for 60bucs. Ive got lotsa m52 stuff and a bunch of zf trannys laying around. I think im just gunna rock it out the way it is for now.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Dr. puch swung by last nite and we sanded and prepped most of the body for paint. still debating on which color to go with.:frowning:

blue!!!

midori green!

Dark grey if you want to go with a metallic
White
Black

No flat BS although the white might look cool.

Paint looks sweet like it is, or make that fucker look rusty as hell, toss some sick ass deep dishes on there and call it a day.

Jd leave it like that man, it looks bad ass!

i dont have the heart to let this thing rust or rot. I was gunna do it matte white but now i may just do it gloss white like originaly planned. IDK, i just want it all one color. Im not cool enough to have trendy paint jobs like rusty paint, or copper crap. lol

white

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

oh and needs an m50 + boost